Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am wondering if any model 3 arrives in the latest shipment couple of days ago I ordered 25 feb app still says 5-7 months from date of order. I have grown tired of waiting.
I guess model Y ordered in June/July are already on road... probably it was good idea to switch the booking or book second car (MY) and see whatever comes first is accepted...

I have model S/X/Cybertruck all booked since June 2021.... whatever comes first as no one knows what will come first.

I guess model Y ordered in June/July are already on road... probably it was good idea to switch the booking or book second car (MY) and see whatever comes first is accepted...

I have model S/X/Cybertruck all booked since June 2021.... whatever comes first as no one knows what will come first.
I find that the Model Y is an uglier version of the model 3 its like the design has been stretched form many angles using photo shop LOL

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron and m3lol
Elon did say he believes the Y will be the best selling car.

At least for this past shipment, there were more 3s than Ys delivered to NZ. We’ll see the numbers at the end of this month if the trend reverses in favour of the Y.
Just went past the Auckland holding yard Friday 9/9/22 and it was all Model Y's did not see any Model 3's but the trucks were still coming.
IMG_20220909_121430.jpg

Reactions: m3lol
Elon did say he believes the Y will be the best selling car.

At least for this past shipment, there were more 3s than Ys delivered to NZ. We’ll see the numbers at the end of this month if the trend reverses in favour of the Y.

Shanghai makes twice as many Ys as 3s , the RWD Y is a much better value proposition for NZ than the 3 too. First month of Y deliveries not surprised they have not yet got up to numbers.

Given the differences (prem interior , towing etc) and the cost delta you'd really have to love sedans to order the 3

Reactions: m3lol
Shanghai makes twice as many Ys as 3s , the RWD Y is a much better value proposition for NZ than the 3 too. First month of Y deliveries not surprised they have not yet got up to numbers.

Given the differences (prem interior , towing etc) and the cost delta you'd really have to love sedans to order the 3
If they actually deliver the factory tow option that will be a big plus. I know it's on the website but I'll believe it when they actually start doing it. Today at the service centre I overhead some poor soul being told that tesla won't come anywhere near repairs on his aftermarket tow bar with a 10 foot pole.

We'd probably have a Y if there'd been a choice 3 years ago, just for the extra cargo space. Tow would have clinched it for sure.