Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up mine yesterday, looks mine comes with ultrasonic sensors yet. ordered on May 2022.
build qualiry was ok not perfect though, no issue with fuctionality yet. first impression is quite good so far.

My next task is to figure out charging on the road,

I can see many type2 charger but not many of CCS which my M3 is equipped with. I guess I need CCS to Type 2 adapter. and need to purchase my own charge cable as well,

Where do you all purchase those things? I found EV Charging Solutions & Car Charging Systems | Chargemaster by googling, is there any other recommendable merchant?

I picked up mine yesterday, looks mine comes with ultrasonic sensors yet. ordered on May 2022.
build qualiry was ok not perfect though, no issue with fuctionality yet. first impression is quite good so far.

I can see many type2 charger but not many of CCS which my M3 is equipped with. I guess I need CCS to Type 2 adapter. and need to purchase my own charge cable as well,

Where do you all purchase those things? I found EV Charging Solutions & Car Charging Systems | Chargemaster by googling, is there any other recommendable merchant?
You can plug in with a CCS or Type 2 - no need for any adapters
Leads - Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cables (evpower.co.nz)

• Helpful
Reactions: junwaa

The CCS connector, the top half is Type 2 AC power. The bottom half is the high power DC connection (two large pins)
Any charger that's Type2 or CCS will be able to connect to your car
Some Type 2 chargers maybe bring your own cable
All CCS chargers the cable is provided these are all DC charges usually 50 kw and higher
plugshare app is good for finding chargers and it usually has something in the description if you need to bring your own cable
You can purchase Type2 cable from Tesla, I think the price wasn't to bad the last time I looked

• Informative
Reactions: junwaa
It's debatable if you actually need your own Type2 cable these days, most of the newer chargers are cabled
You'll have to do a lot of free charging to get a payback on your cable investment :)
I would check on plugshare the chargers you think you might be likely to use, find out if you need to BYOC for these
You might find you don't need a Type2 cable, but having one does give you peace of mind

I also have a Type1 to Type2 adapter which allows plugging in to the older style connector
With more and more Tesla and other EV's on the road every month, Type2 chargers at supermarkets/cafe's etc are more in demand
Type1 to Type2 adapter gives you more charging options when the Type2 chargers are all in use
I've had my car since 2019, I would say I've used it more recently than in the past
I don't know what the situation is like in Tauranga.

Last edited:
Anyone here tracking deliveries of the Highland Model 3? Cheers
Hey mate, I'm not necessarily tracking them but I can share my order timeline so far if that helps :)

Sept 3rd: Order Placed for new M3LR
Nov 8th: Delivery range updated to 21st Dec - 31st Dec
Nov 9th: Assigned a car (being shipped on the Viking Paglia) and received a VIN in the app.

I've seen some other NZ orders with a delivery range of 21st Jan - 31st Jan.