Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 delivery, they didn't show up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The delivery of the Model 3 that I ordered was scheduled for today (March 9) 4pm. And nobody showed up and didn't even call me to say anything.
I expected that Tesla would have much more respect for their customers, I'm extremely disappointed.
Is this something hat happens often?

• Funny
Reactions: Dolemite
I guess its better than my situation, I drove out of state only to realize my car was not at the store after I arrived. No phone calls

#2018problems
And you didn't call first to be sure your car was prepped and ready?
I treated Tesla just like I would any home contractor assume something is going to get screwed up and/or delayed. Works wonders to never assume anything.

The delivery of the Model 3 that I ordered was scheduled for today (March 9) 4pm. And nobody showed up and didn't even call me to say anything.
I expected that Tesla would have much more respect for their customers, I'm extremely disappointed.
Is this something hat happens often?
First, sounds like a Home Delivery.

When you say it was "scheduled", was that only by looking at your account page, or did the IDA call you and tell you, or did the delivery company call and tell you?

Cause, if it's just a date on your account, that's not accurate. That could be just a placeholder date. Even the IDA doesn't know the exact time and day, they only know the approximate time and day. The person who really knows and will schedule a time is the delivery person. He'll call and let you know. If the didn't call, then you weren't scheduled.

Reactions: JøhP and turok3000
Tesla has all sorts of customer service communications issues. It will continue to be a problem for you when it comes time for service. And no, they don't appear to care. No one is on commission, and their general attitude is someone will take your car if you don't want it.

Tesla has all sorts of customer service communications issues. It will continue to be a problem for you when it comes time for service. And no, they don't appear to care. No one is on commission, and their general attitude is someone will take your car if you don't want it.

That’s your experience. Mine was, and continues to be the opposite.
There are hundreds of thousands of cars sold.
I assume you feel your experience is the same with every owner ? That’s what your implying anyway.

My experience with BMW, and Honda, sounds exactly like what you described.
I know others have had the opposite experience with those manufacturers though.

Sweeping statements, that imply your experience is what others will expect, aren’t accurate, but are damaging.

If your intention is to damage Tesla, I guess you’re going about it right.
If you’re intention is to share your experience, you could communicate it differently. After all, you say Tesla communicates poorly...

• Disagree
Reactions: TLLMRRJ and JøhP
When I got my home delivery (Dec 2019), they texted and called me a few days ahead to set up my appointment and gave me a direct phone number of the delivery team. On the day of the delivery, they called to let me know they were 30 minutes away.

When they arrived, they went over the car, signed some papers, and we were done in a 1/2 hour. My delivery exceeded my expectations. I think we may be missing part of the story.

• Informative
Reactions: JøhP
When I got my home delivery (Dec 2019), they texted and called me a few days ahead to set up my appointment and gave me a direct phone number of the delivery team. On the day of the delivery, they called to let me know they were 30 minutes away.

When they arrived, they went over the car, signed some papers, and we were done in a 1/2 hour. My delivery exceeded my expectations. I think we may be missing part of the story.

Yes on this^^^^^^^^^
Would love the OP to fill in the blanks.

Reactions: JøhP
On top of that, my actual delivery date ended up being a lot sooner than the original autogenerated one that was given to me the moment the purchase confirmation went through.
I can't imagine waiting on pins and needles for a delivery despite having no contact or delivery confirmation. I had a total of 3 Tesla reps involved with the delivery and they almost called/emailed too often lol.
They don't want to waste their time with something going wrong.

I assume you feel your experience is the same with every owner ? That’s what your implying anyway.

Sweeping statements, that imply your experience is what others will expect, aren’t accurate, but are damaging.

If you’re intention is to share your experience, you could communicate it differently. After all, you say Tesla communicates poorly...

The apologists are going to attack me for these statements. I know that. But Tesla needs to fix their customer service attitude. You can't deny it's a huge problem and the weakest link for Tesla right now. They are making a lot of enemies out of customers, and that will catch up with them. Especially since there's a lot of things about their tech that isn't all it seems to be.

Well of course it's not every owner, maybe not even most, but it's obviously quite common.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
The apologists are going to attack me for these statements. I know that. But Tesla needs to fix their customer service attitude. You can't deny it's a huge problem and the weakest link for Tesla right now. They are making a lot of enemies out of customers, and that will catch up with them. Especially since there's a lot of things about their tech that isn't all it seems to be.

Yes, they need to improve. That wasn’t why I had issue with your post. I had issue with your post, brocade you’re felling a new owner, “They WILL continue to have problems,”, and “No, they don’t appear to care”.
If you’re okay making blanket statements that doesn’t apply to everyone, at least have the ponies to take criticism for it.
This has nothing to do with apologists, and everything to do with how you stated it.
Don’t make blanket statements, if you can’t take criticism.

Reactions: Joshan