Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery with AMD Ryzen [if you received one please post here]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this thread is to make it easy for thread watchers to keep track of when Model 3 deliveries with the AMD Ryzen happen and start to become the norm. Digging through multiple threads to keep up with the status is time consuming, and the spreadsheet can be filled out by anyone online. It seems a lot of people are interested in this, and hopefully this will be useful.

Please post one time after taking delivery of your Model 3 with AMD Ryzen MCU. Include your specs, build date, delivery date, and location; or link to another post if you already have one.

2022 SR+ MSM, Black, Aero wheels
OD: 08/22/21
Delivery: 01/29/22
AMD Ryzen: Yes
VIN: 165xxx
Not sure how to check the batter or glass, if anyone has advice how to check I will!

Attachments

• 78B1912B-9374-4A83-806E-CF6F82365A5A.jpeg
    78B1912B-9374-4A83-806E-CF6F82365A5A.jpeg
    327.1 KB · Views: 218
Upvote 0
2022 SR+ MSM, Black, Aero wheels
OD: 08/22/21
Delivery: 01/29/22
AMD Ryzen: Yes
VIN: 165xxx
Not sure how to check the batter or glass, if anyone has advice how to check I will!
Open the frunk. Remove the top plastic trim where the air intake of the HVAC is. You'll see to the right the battery.

As for double glass, look at the front windows and see how thick they are. Do the same with the rear window.

Upvote 0
(Moderator note)

It appears to me that this thread has been able to help determine that Model 3s now appear to be coming with the Ryzen chip and lithium Ion battery, if the vin number is > 160 (ish). Tesla does not assign vin numbers strictly sequentially, but it appears clear that everyone who has responded with a vin > 160-161 has had the chip and Li-Ion battery.

So, I am going to be much less "draconian" in removing posts from this thread as it has accomplished what the goal was. I still am going to remove any discussion on why someone should or should not wait for the ryzen chipset. I still suggest this thread be used for "which vins are coming with the latest features", but that is a suggestion now at this point instead of something I am strictly enforcing, as I was previously.

Upvote 0
(Moderator note)

It appears to me that this thread has been able to help determine that Model 3s now appear to be coming with the Ryzen chip and lithium Ion battery, if the vin number is > 160 (ish). Tesla does not assign vin numbers strictly sequentially, but it appears clear that everyone who has responded with a vin > 160-161 has had the chip and Li-Ion battery.

So, I am going to be much less "draconian" in removing posts from this thread as it has accomplished what the goal was. I still am going to remove any discussion on why someone should or should not wait for the ryzen chipset. I still suggest this thread be used for "which vins are coming with the latest features", but that is a suggestion now at this point instead of something I am strictly enforcing, as I was previously.
Sounds good to me, and I’m fine with changing the thread title if you want. Also wish I could edit the top post, if that’s possible.

Upvote 0
Sounds good to me, and I’m fine with changing the thread title if you want. Also wish I could edit the top post, if that’s possible.

If you send me the text that you want to edit the first post with Ib a PM, can paste it in there for you. Ideally, send me the entire block you want to replace it with and I will delete and replace (or add to your first post if thats what you prefer).

Since you are the thread starter here and this was very helpful to the community in my opinion, I am very open to what you might think the edited thread title should be, so if you have a suggestion for that, feel free to include it in the PM.

Upvote 0
(Moderator note)

Ahh yes, I said this a while back when it was clear all cars were being produced with ryzen/lithium and my comment was deleted. Thank you for changing the rules. Time to change the title or make a new post with "Model 3 delivery with rear dual pane glass or hairpin motors"

Reactions: disneygirl420
Upvote 0