Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery with AMD Ryzen [if you received one please post here]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this thread is to make it easy for thread watchers to keep track of when Model 3 deliveries with the AMD Ryzen happen and start to become the norm. Digging through multiple threads to keep up with the status is time consuming, and the spreadsheet can be filled out by anyone online. It seems a lot of people are interested in this, and hopefully this will be useful.

Please post one time after taking delivery of your Model 3 with AMD Ryzen MCU. Include your specs, build date, delivery date, and location; or link to another post if you already have one.

Also wanted to add... the lithium 12V (actually 15.5V) battery has a different connector, so the battery posts are not exposed. People had expressed concern that this would not allow connection of an inverter (for those who have them). The good news is... there is a large positive post with a big red cap on it just to the left of the battery. I put my multimeter on it and it measures 15.5V. There is a big bolt for the strut bar (about 8 inches to the right of the battery) that can be used as a ground post. My inverter's manual says it can take up to a 15.5V input, so I assume the same is true for many other inverters.

Attachments

• 20220201_103150.jpg
    20220201_103150.jpg
    571.2 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0
2022 Black Model 3, Long Range
Manufactured: 01/22
Delivered: Feb 5th, 2022
VIN: 158xxx
AMD Ryzen: Yes

I had pretty much resigned myself to getting the atom with a 158xxx Vin since I hadn't seen anything but Atoms between here and Reddit with that start. Too cold out to check the battery after driving 4 hours back to NH after flying to Newark this morning to pick it up...

Upvote 0
2022 Black Model 3, Long Range
Manufactured: 01/22
Delivered: Feb 5th, 2022
VIN: 158xxx
AMD Ryzen: Yes

I had pretty much resigned myself to getting the atom with a 158xxx Vin since I hadn't seen anything but Atoms between here and Reddit with that start. Too cold out to check the battery after driving 4 hours back to NH after flying to Newark this morning to pick it up...
When was your order placed?

Upvote 0
Also wanted to add... the lithium 12V (actually 15.5V) battery has a different connector, so the battery posts are not exposed. People had expressed concern that this would not allow connection of an inverter (for those who have them). The good news is... there is a large positive post with a big red cap on it just to the left of the battery. I put my multimeter on it and it measures 15.5V. There is a big bolt for the strut bar (about 8 inches to the right of the battery) that can be used as a ground post. My inverter's manual says it can take up to a 15.5V input, so I assume the same is true for many other inverters.
Listen to this as it appears to be a bad idea:

Upvote 0
the old battery was not lithium and had different charging parameters vs this new lithium battery which has more voltage than the 12v. tesla have changed their charging methods in recent firmware updates which is why some of the 3rd party lithium 12v batteries are having issues. theres a couple threads on this already. id take this video publishers opinion with some weight.

Upvote 0
the old battery was not lithium and had different charging parameters vs this new lithium battery which has more voltage than the 12v. tesla have changed their charging methods in recent firmware updates which is why some of the 3rd party lithium 12v batteries are having issues. theres a couple threads on this already. id take this video publishers opinion with some weight.
Indeed, he only speculates ( and says so I believe) that pulling off that tab could mess with the computer thinking there is an abnormal drain. In his channel I think he has a vid of the PCS showing options for tapping. Ideally, you’d tap off a switched source so that your inverter is only pulling when contactors are closed and PCS powered on. Another interesting speculation he makes in the comments is that the contactor/PCS may remain on when temps drop bellow -10C in order to keep 12V charged and “warm”.

• Helpful
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Upvote 0
So, how would someone connect a external usb controller to play games if needed??
Apparently Tesla is working on Bluetooth remote compatibility.

Upvote 0
M3P White/White with FSD
Ordered 1/14
Delivered 2/7
Kansas City
163XXX

Has Ryzen, Li-Ion 12v, heated wiper capability (beneath the plast cover in the trunk, to the passenger side of the cabin air intake, deep near the firewall, there are three large gauge wires joined to flat cables that go into the back of the lower part of the windshield).
Does your M3 have the rear door laminated glass windows (similar to the front)?

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Upvote 0