Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery with AMD Ryzen [if you received one please post here]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The purpose of this thread is to make it easy for thread watchers to keep track of when Model 3 deliveries with the AMD Ryzen happen and start to become the norm. Digging through multiple threads to keep up with the status is time consuming, and the spreadsheet can be filled out by anyone online. It seems a lot of people are interested in this, and hopefully this will be useful.

Please post one time after taking delivery of your Model 3 with AMD Ryzen MCU. Include your specs, build date, delivery date, and location; or link to another post if you already have one.

the old battery was not lithium and had different charging parameters vs this new lithium battery which has more voltage than the 12v. tesla have changed their charging methods in recent firmware updates which is why some of the 3rd party lithium 12v batteries are having issues. theres a couple threads on this already. id take this video publishers opinion with some weight.
So the correct answer is... we simply do not know yet. I do take him seriously, but only as far as he warns that it *may* be problematic (just as tapping the old 12V may have been problematic before it was discovered that it was not). Eventually someone (not me) will find out for sure.

Upvote 0
M3P White/White with FSD
Ordered 1/14
Delivered 2/7
Kansas City
163XXX

Has Ryzen, Li-Ion 12v, heated wiper capability (beneath the plast cover in the trunk, to the passenger side of the cabin air intake, deep near the firewall, there are three large gauge wires joined to flat cables that go into the back of the lower part of the windshield).
I'll look at ours Thursday. I'm vin 164xxx. So there is hope haha

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0
M3P White/White with FSD
Ordered 1/14
Delivered 2/7
Kansas City
163XXX

Has Ryzen, Li-Ion 12v, heated wiper capability (beneath the plast cover in the trunk, to the passenger side of the cabin air intake, deep near the firewall, there are three large gauge wires joined to flat cables that go into the back of the lower part of the windshield).
You have the same order as I do near the same day, I believe I ordered on the 18th, so maybe mine will be coming soon. Did you have an expected delivery day of Feb 16- Mar 16?

Upvote 0
What was your OD and initial EDD?

Ordered in Nov, received Vin in Dec, declined and put on hold. Released Jan and got a VIN in a couple of days. Released 3 VINs 154, 155, 156 due to being intel. The rumor is once you initially got a VIN and you hold and release, getting a VIN quickly was true for me. (I traded in my 2018 3 for 7 seater Y in Dec so I had Intels. Also had my old rav4 so I had luxury of waiting for upgrades I wanted).

Reactions: Paul4343
Upvote 0
I must be missing something...what does this thread do for us? It tells us that a few dozen cars got the Ryzen, but it doesn't tell you how many have the Intel or what the percentage is. I think the spreadsheet from Twitter, even with it's problems, is a better tracking tool.

It told people, fairly quickly actually, what the vin range was that was coming with AMD / 12v after people kept putting fake data into various tracker sheets.

It was much more effective at that than any of the various sheets people spun up, and also people posting in the waiting room threads.

Upvote 0