TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3 Deposit Day

Discussion in 'New England' started by aronth5, Feb 11, 2016.

1. aronth5

aronth5 Long Time Follower

#1 aronth5, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Model 3- Anyone planning on ordering at the Dedham store or Natick Gallery?

Lots of discussion on the Model 3 thread on whether people will order online starting 4/1 or head to a store to order on the day of the reveal (3/31).
    Anyone thinking of going to the Dedham store to order? It will be fascinating to see how this plays out but one thing for sure Tesla will certainly get a lot of PR either way.

2. aronth5

Well with 107 views and no comments doesn't look like the Dedham store will have much activity.
    Some are posting they expect lines in California stores as if Tesla is selling iPhones!

3. tga

tga Active Member

Natick is closer for me. The mall opens at 7am for mall walkers, so I'll show up sometime after that and "mall walk" right to the Tesla store.

4. djplong

djplong Member

Since I live in NH, I'll be at Natick to give them my money.

5. PeterK

PeterK Model S Owner

I think it's very smart of Tesla to do the store reservations a day earlier - will guarantee photos and videos appearing on news sites and stations.

Remember we have more than Dedham and Natick, Prudential and Hingham are potential reservation locations.

6. Nikxice

Nikxice Member

Planning to head down to one of the MA stores on March 31st. I'm somewhat motivated by the uncertainty presented by future Tesla production numbers, placement in the queue, and what eventually remains of the potential federal tax credit. Who knows, if online orders sky on April 1st, then perhaps a store deposit will be worth it.

Not yet sure whether it'll be Natick or Dedham, both are about an hour away. Previously I've dealt with the great crew in Natick, but also interested in seeing Dedham.

Wondering if they'll be taking store deposits all day or only after the reveal in CA? Seems possible that this could turn out to be a late day or even an after hours event for east coast stores.

7. tga

tga Active Member

I'm hoping they take deposits all day, because if they do an evening unveiling, that means (a) Elon can announce X number of first day reservations, and (b) an evening PST unveiling would be after malls on the east coast close, so none of the mall stores (eg, Natick) could take deposits that day.

8. essaunders

essaunders Member

not sure I can justify a vacation day just to loan Telsa my $1000 a day earlier...

The exact details of the reservation will matter significantly...

Plus, at ~50 miles from me (Natick or Dedham) I'm pushing the (comfortable?) range of my 4yr old LEAF in winter...

9. Bimbels

Bimbels GoldMember

While we live in RI, we actually bought in PA (hubby's client is there.) We called our sales guy and he has said he will happily take our money over the phone on the 31st - if that ends up not being possible husband will go into store there to reserve. Unless there ends up being some sort of reveal "event", however, then I would like to be there in person. So I'd go to Dedham.

10. tmac

tmac Member

Likely will be at PRU or Dedham on Thursday !

11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

IF I have my X by then I'll be driving back down and already have one reservation-seeking passenger.

12. ModelNforNerd

ModelNforNerd Active Member

With the lack of information put out so far, I've decided to just take the 31st off.

So who is going to stand in line that morning?

I'll be at the Natick Mall, probably before it opens at 10. Who else will be there?

13. CTShore

CTShore Member

Debating between Natick, where I saw my first Tesla up close & took a test drive, and Dedham. Will depend on when they will be taking deposits.

14. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Will be April 1st for me.

• Like x 1
  15. ModelNforNerd

That's what has me frustrated...the lack of any details.

I was thinking I'd just take the morning off, walk in at 10, drop my deposit, and go into work.

But something tells me it won't be that simple, so I just took the 31st off.

16. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

Any one get a general invite to reveal event yet?

17. tga

tga Active Member

I'm planning to stop by Natick when I'm in the area Tues or Wed next week. If there's anything new to report, I'll pass it along.

My current thinking is to stop by Natick on the 31st sometime between 7 (when the mall opens for walkers) and 10 (when the store opens).

18. aronth5

I'm debating Natick or Dedham as well. Leaning towards Dedham since I haven't been there and unless Tesla builds a service center north west of Boston Dedham would be the closest service center.
    Hoping by late 2017/2018 Tesla will need to add another service center but who knows.

19. ModelNforNerd

I'm in that same area outside of Boston.

I doubt I'd go to Dedham that day, just because why bother putting myself through that traffic hassle if I can just go to Natick. It's a lesser of 2 traffic evils situation.

But with all the Teslas I see in Lexington, Concord, Carlisle, Littleton, Harvard, Groton area, I really hope they look at those numbers plus Model 3 numbers and put something out this way....

20. masam

masam Member

I'm debating whether to go to Natick or Dedham. They are both about the same distance, but am leaning towards Natick just because it's the mall. I wonder if early birds will get some Tesla swag