TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Design Studio - When Will It Go Live?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Mattzilla, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Hey all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I can't find a clear answer anywhere. And maybe that's because no one really knows right now. But in the event that someone out there does know, or is capable of making a "reasonable guess," I thought I would ask the question.

When will the Model 3 design studio go live for public use? Maybe once the standard battery option becomes available?

2. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Perhaps. I'd guess most likely when production is fully ramped up and there's a clear end in site where people won't need a reservation anymore.

• Like x 1
  3. timk225

timk225 Active Member

Yeah, I have been waiting a long time to play in the design studio like what the S and X have. Once I ordered my 3, I couldn't get back into it anymore.

• Like x 1
  4. Mattzilla

Mattzilla Member

Anyone think it will be available by the end of the year? That's 1.5 years into production.

5. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

Definitely not this year. They’ve got a long way to go before they can deliver a car <6 months from order.

6. TT97

TT97 Active Member

Easy, just put down another $1,000, wait a few months, and then you will have your very own Design Studio you can play with. Otherwise, my guess it will go live the day after they go through every reservation outstanding (domestically).

• Like x 1
  7. gambit48

gambit48 Member

The design studio is a little pointless right now as you really can just pick the wheels and paint color.

My guess is it won't happen until the standard version and non-premium interior (or at least the white interior) come out. So not til 2019.

8. TT97

TT97 Active Member

You can pick EAP and FSD as well! :)