TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Diecast Model

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Terra, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Terra

Terra New Member

Hi, New owner and new to the forum. I picked up my model 3 yesterday and it came with the diecast model. I thought I read in the forums (not sure which one) that people stopped receiving them at some point. I was not a day one reservation holder, far from it. Did Tesla restart giving out these or did they never stop?

Anyways, I was really happy to see it in the storage area. My wife said I screamed out really loud in joy when I saw it. The Tesla guy was also shocked that I was most excited about the toy car (instead of his demonstration of features)

2. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

What’s your vin number range? Wonder if they put them there at factory and you got a car with the models still there

3. Terra

Terra New Member

4. Wubbles

Wubbles Member

I was a day 1 reservation holder and did not receive a diecast model 3. It was on a first come first serve basis per service center. Because I picked mine up at a later date due to waiting for the AWD model to come out, by the time I picked my car up they were all out. Oh well.

5. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Interesting. I’m going to ask if my friends with 71,xxx got a car model.

6. ronmis

ronmis Member

I didn't get mine when I picked up my car a month back at the Dallas service center. They probably ran out of them here. Dallas I heard is in the top 5 model 3 locations.

7. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I didn’t get one either because I picked the car up before they were giving them out. Which also sucks, so I ended up buying one off eBay so I would still have one.

8. waynechen

waynechen New Member

My vin is 58xxx and picked up at 8/7 with the model car.

9. tambam

tambam Member

I’m way more upset that I didn’t get one than I should be. My delivery advisor said he’d save me one… but he also promised a lot of things and isn’t returning my calls or emails so I am not holding my breath.

10. AnarchyEOD

AnarchyEOD Member

I got one 641XX

11. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

Yup my friend picked up obsidian black at marina Del Ray yesterday (8/25) got a model car

12. Timmy T.

Timmy T. Member

It's just a matter of if a particular delivery center still has any (or had them) or not.....that's really it.

13. ken830

ken830 Model S 85, Model 3 Performance

I didn't get one in early August. Fremont Delivery Center delivered the car.

14. EVnut

EVnut EV #5

First, I'd like to get my car. THEN I'll work up to being upset if I don't get my model!

• Like x 1
  15. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

They give them out on a first come first serve basis. Once a location runs out, that's it. It doesn't matter when you reserved.

16. ebmcs03

ebmcs03 Active Member

I can’t imagine marina Del Ray being the one who still has them left. That’s where my friend picked hers up from on Saturday. MDR delivers so many cars. On he other hand i know someone who took delivery in Costa Mesa two weeks ago and he didn’t get one.

17. scottysize

scottysize Member

I immediately clicked on this because I was hoping you had one for sale. LOL Anyone who has a Midnight Grey they don't want, hit me up. :D

18. Tony_YYZ

Tony_YYZ Active Member

They are all red in colour.

19. forkee

forkee Member

i got the very first dual motor performance out of costa mesa. no diecast. i wouldn't be surprised if staff jacked all of them and gave them away to friends or sold them since there's no way to account for them, no liability.

• Funny x 1
  20. John Beans

John Beans Member

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with mine.
    Not like I have a toy car collection or anything.