Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 display events in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
model3_1.jpg
model3_2.jpg
On my way to the office I popped by Tesla Store in Martin Place @7.35am and there she is!!!

There was a film crew all setup with a presenter in front, probably recording promotional videos.

Store was closed but already had a sign indicating a closed event to be in progress for all customers who have ordered. However I don't think you will be turned away if you are around the area later in the day.

Will head back later.

Moderator: We have a winner!

Last edited by a moderator:
On my way to the office I popped by Tesla Store in Martin Place @7.35am and there she is!!!

There was a film crew all setup with a presenter in front, probably recording promotional videos.

Store was closed but already had a sign indicating a closed event to be in progress for all customers who have ordered. However I don't think you will be turned away if you are around the area later in the day.

Will head back later.

Those photos are of Trevor Long, he did a piece on Today this morning, which is what you were seeing.

i don't watch today, I saw it on twitter: EFTM : + + on Twitter

Reactions: RussellJ
Those photos are of Trevor Long, he did a piece on Today this morning, which is what you were seeing.

i don't watch today, I saw it on twitter: EFTM : + + on Twitter
Ah! Thanks for that. I had no idea!

The camera crew lighting they had setup really accentuated the lines of the car, it is very good looking in person!! I think there's going to be a flood of fresh orders now that people can tangibly see the Model 3.

model3_3.jpg
The scene outside Martin Place store. At the very least over 100 people waiting in the queue to get a walk-through.
The queue extends indoors where a brief discussion around the Model 3 occurs with all waiting.

Gonna give it a skip for the next couple of days and will probably breeze through later in the week when it will hopefully be a bit less crowded.

Last edited by a moderator:
I attended the Martin Place store today. The queues were very long, around 90 minute wait to sit inside the car. As I had other commitments I blagged my way in to jump the queue to at least take some photos. This is one very good looking car! And fairly large - a little bit shorter than a Toyota Camry but a fraction wider. I will visit the store on a later date to actually sit inside it. I was told it would be there for 4 weeks.

0D6CF71A-E410-433A-823C-F0B911D44D3F.jpeg C93ED991-8F59-48CF-AEFF-8CADC54C4E7C.jpeg D2942D72-C125-40AD-99D5-CF23DDA654DC.jpeg 19F561DD-7E0F-4B52-AFF9-F8ED0C74E705.jpeg E3E6BC88-6B40-4593-AFDB-45424436353C.jpeg 2A98FF25-9803-43ED-9664-433299696A01.jpeg 35680231-5A17-4D73-9505-5D7FC1E5E636.jpeg 428ED53B-46D0-4EC1-8DA7-565D0A7C9666.jpeg

Reactions: RussellJ
I got in line at 1545 and managed to sit inside Model 3 at around 1800 (a 2 hr 15 min wait) and then only had 2 minutes to sit in the car. Will be planning another trip in a couple more weeks when crowds subside to spend more time in the car.

The entry into the back seats was tight for me (I am 183cm tall) with the front seats fully extended back and entry into the drivers seat was weird from the left hand door. Need to really see a RHD model next year sometime.

Here are my pics for the moment (my +1 for the RSVP event will be sending me internal pictures taken from another phone)
Model 3 at Martin Place 1.JPG
Model 3 at Martin Place 2.JPG
Model 3 at Martin Place 3.JPG

Reactions: Vostok and RussellJ
I got in line at 1545 and managed to sit inside Model 3 at around 1800 (a 2 hr 15 min wait) and then only had 2 minutes to sit in the car. Will be planning another trip in a couple more weeks when crowds subside to spend more time in the car.

The entry into the back seats was tight for me (I am 183cm tall) with the front seats fully extended back and entry into the drivers seat was weird from the left hand door. Need to really see a RHD model next year sometime.

Here are my pics for the moment (my +1 for the RSVP event will be sending me internal pictures taken from another phone)
View attachment 327526 View attachment 327527 View attachment 327528

Good to know about the space, we are the same height. So I will be keen to test this as well!

I'm glad I didn't show up to my RSVP for this morning - looks like '8-9am' would more pan out to something like '8-11am'. Gotta be at work to make the dollars for a M3 :p

That said, can't wait to spend more than 2min with the car in a few weeks. Looks awesome, thanks for the pics all who braved the wait!