Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 display events in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know about the space, we are the same height. So I will be keen to test this as well!

Hi Russell J

Lots of head room for a tall bloke like me. Just rushed to get in and out of the car in 2 minutes. It did feel awkward getting in especially from the left hand side of the car.

I did the mistake of putting my feet in first instead of bum in first and slide the legs in (like I do in my Toyota Prius) so I need to get back there and try again.

Here is my shot inside the Model 3

Model 3 at Martin Place 4.jpg

Reactions: RussellJ
I went to the Martin Place store again today and while there were quite a few interested people milling around checking out the Model 3, there was virtually no queue to sit in the car. Within 5 minutes I was sitting in the car having all the bells & whistles explained to me. What a fantastic vehicle. The clean minimalist interior will definitely set the trend in motoring. The central screen looks great and not at all distracting. I don’t expect to have any issue with it.

So those of you who have the opportunity to go to one of the 3 stores with the Model 3 on display, I suggest you don’t hesitate to go. You won’t have any problem getting to see the car.

In fact I suggest you encourage all your friends to do so as well. The sales rep at Martin Place said that the more confirmed visitors they get (everyone has to register to sit inside the car) not only can they justify keeping the display model there longer, it may even help prove the local demand and ensure RHD production stays on track.

Mid next year cannot come around soon enough!!!

Got to sit in the car in Brissy yesterday after 1 hour wait. I will upload pics later. I have sat in it previously in Seattle and spent a long time chatting to the rep there. It is a great mid size car, I am 185cm tall and no issues getting in or out and the head room back and front is acceptable to me. I have a VW CC and my head touches the roof in the back. I had plenty o f leg room front and back. A little tight for my feet however. The view out the front is streets ahead of my current car so will make driving so much nicer. Now Mr Musk no sleep for you I need my car now.

Went back to Martin Place to have another look at the Model 3. I'm finding that getting behind the steering wheel is still more awkward for me than getting into my Prius.

Maybe it is just the left hand drive configuration. I will just have to wait until the RHD versions are built to have another go at the Tesla showroom before committing to an actual purchase.

Also I wish that with the huge amount of rear boot space that Model 3 seems to have, the rear seats could have been pushed back an extra 5cm to give more legroom at the back (I felt cramped in the rear seats) especially when tall drivers require more legroom to comfortably drive the car

Also I wish that with the huge amount of rear boot space that Model 3 seems to have, the rear seats could have been pushed back an extra 5cm to give more legroom at the back (I felt cramped in the rear seats) especially when tall drivers require more legroom to comfortably drive the car

If you don't mind chopping the top part off the back of your head, or removing your neck, I'm sure they can move the rear seats 5cm further back.