Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 doesn’t sleep after latest firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

28.3.1 seems to be preventing my 3 from sleeping. Since the update, Teslafi reports that it’s offline when I check it in the morning after charging. If it’s offline it doesn’t sleep. The Tesla app reports last update “yesterday”. I did my usual reboot after installing new firmware, with no luck. I have Google WiFi with full bars in the garage. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Maybe disconnect and reconnect my iPhone?

28.3.1 seems to be preventing my 3 from sleeping. Since the update, Teslafi reports that it’s offline when I check it in the morning after charging. If it’s offline it doesn’t sleep. The Tesla app reports last update “yesterday”. I did my usual reboot after installing new firmware, with no luck. I have Google WiFi with full bars in the garage. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Maybe disconnect and reconnect my iPhone?

Ok, so this time, how have you confirmed that your offline car is either (a) offline-and-awake, or (b) offline-and-asleep?

Ok, so this time, how have you confirmed that your offline car is either (a) offline-and-awake, or (b) offline-and-asleep?
Thanks Darth. It’s just what Teslafi reports. I changed the settings in sleep modes and turned off reset idle timer and my car sleeps great and sooner than before. So far so good.

Thanks Darth. It’s just what Teslafi reports. I changed the settings in sleep modes and turned off reset idle timer and my car sleeps great and sooner than before. So far so good.

Ignore what TeslaFi reports, just look at the car and see if it is sleeping :)

You can tell if the next day it hasn’t lost a ton of battery, even if TeslaFi says “offline” all night.