Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dog Hammock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also keep your doggie's nails trimmed and polished. This is how most damage occurs.

That combined with a hammock and door protection and your baby car will be fine.

The only issue with have is with dog fur. Ours sheds a ton and sometimes driving the car is like being in a snow globe with fur floating around everywhere.

I guess I can saran wrap our dogie's but not sure she would like that...

Get yourself one of these baby's, ours is on the way: Shed Defender | Shed Defender® - Keep the Shedding Dog Hair out of your House and Car

What are you all using as a safety solution to buckle them in? I've seen various harnesses, but they attach to the belted part of the seat belt rather than clicking in to the buckle itself. Our boy is 75lbs of high pitbull anxiety and I need something that will keep him in place and restrict his movement. Any ideas?

Reactions: substance12
Thanks for the tip all on the Orvis windowed seat protector. Hopefully their fit is right as the seat protector I have now for my small SUV is too loose and big in the back of the Model 3. Their holiday sale of $50 off a purchase of $150 makes this item even sweeter.

I got this one from Amazon because I have two dogs and they both shed (also, one of my dogs figured out how to crawl under the cover from the side, sort of defeating the purpose). The bucket style helps keep the hair from leaking out the sides, prevents either dog from tunneling down to the floor and also protects the doors without requiring window tabs. The sides zipper up.

Thanks for the link, there's a slightly updated model with a more durable fabric on the Amazon link. I also saw a blue one there as well but it had a bucket design with two attachment points vs. a zipper and single attachment.

Might have to give those a try as one of my dogs saw a cat as we were pulling up to our house and scraped at the door. I was...displeased.

My dog loves putting her paws on the door, and in the past 3 months since I got this car I haven't let her in my car which makes me feel a bit bad. Did you use the door protector along with the bucket hammock in the end?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071XP55XK/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1

This one looks interesting to me.

Can the Orvis be unzipped where the mesh is? When we're driving up to Tahoe our Sheepdog will be sharing the back seat with my son. So we'd only want it "hammocked" on the passenger side so my son can sit normally behind the driver. I think I've seen this on some options.

What are you all using as a safety solution to buckle them in? I've seen various harnesses, but they attach to the belted part of the seat belt rather than clicking in to the buckle itself. Our boy is 75lbs of high pitbull anxiety and I need something that will keep him in place and restrict his movement. Any ideas?
I bought the Honest Luxury Quilted Dog Seat on Amazon. It has a clip that fits into the seat belt buckle and passes thru a Velcro closing slot.
Someone asked if the straps work on the headrests and I don't notice the buckles at all. I was thinking they might be a problem by the looks of it, not even. No slip bottom makes it really comfortable for the dogs.
Just a heads up cuz my Lab/ Greyhound mix likes to bounce around a bit, esp at first and the buckle keeps him in one spot comfortably. Good luck bro.

I ended up going with

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMZ11TX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has a screen in the centre so the AC can come thru. Plus zippers on either side of the screen so you can have one half up/down as needed if you've got a dog/kid combo in the back seat.

We're doing our first trip with it this weekend so I'll report back on how it works out.
Man, I like the vent screen in the middle. We keep our large half unzipped on the passenger side and drivers side zipped up so I can roll down a window and keep the door clean. Everything else looks identical to ours and our dogs give it 2 paws up! :D

I ended up going with

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CMZ11TX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has a screen in the centre so the AC can come thru. Plus zippers on either side of the screen so you can have one half up/down as needed if you've got a dog/kid combo in the back seat.

We're doing our first trip with it this weekend so I'll report back on how it works out.

Resurrecting this thread - so, what’s the review of this dog hammock then? It looks like a good option.