Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dog Hammock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DogHammock.PNG

Reactions: ACarneiro
We have this one: Deluxe Dog Hammock Car Seat Protector / Grip-Tight™ Quilted Microfiber Hammock Seat Protector -- Orvis

2ECP5FDslt.jpg

We purchased it pre-Model 3, and it works okay, but it's a little bit of a stretch to fit the straps over the headrests, even when all four are extended to their maximum length. We purchased the Large, but the X-Large might be better in this regard. The quality of the thing is fantastic though. Definitely worth the premium in cost over the crummy versions from Amazon.

We also got the door protectors: Car Door Protectors / Interior Car Door Protectors -- Orvis

They seem to work okay, but the little plastic pieces you slide down the window are a tight fit, and I'm a little concerned with inch or two the windows drop when opening the door that it is going to put excess stress on the motors. We only put them in when the pup is riding along.

2ECS5FDsla.jpg

And finally, I don't have one of him in the car, but it seems appropriate to post a photo of him on a dog thread:
IMG_20180624_112429.jpg

+100 to the Orvis hammocks. I’ve had mine for a few years now and it holds up great against my two dogs. I’ve got an Orvis dog bed as well which is also fantastic, well worth the price. I have the windowed hammock which is nice because the rear seat air vent can still get some air conditioning to the rear through the window.

DD85CA9A-7F17-4CBD-A6B5-A61ABCF4908E.jpeg

D0F87F64-4388-4B24-BD8B-B48032662C2A.jpeg

@PoitNarf how are the window things holding up for you? Yours look a little different than mine, but the same idea in how they attach. I found mine would work their way out after a couple days and I had to keep pushing them down, so I decided to just take them out until our guy rides in the back (which is only once a week or so).

@PoitNarf how are the window things holding up for you? Yours look a little different than mine, but the same idea in how they attach. I found mine would work their way out after a couple days and I had to keep pushing them down, so I decided to just take them out until our guy rides in the back (which is only once a week or so).

The door guards I got are from a brand called PetEvo. I got them from Amazon but I can’t find the specific ones I got on Amazon right now. It can also use plastic tabs (sold separately) to hold it in the window frame and holds it in place even when moving the windows up and down. I only have the door guards and hammock in my Model 3 when the dogs are riding with me, so I never have them installed for more than a few hours at a time.

The door guards I got are from a brand called PetEvo. I got them from Amazon but I can’t find the specific ones I got on Amazon right now. It can also use plastic tabs (sold separately) to hold it in the window frame and holds it in place even when moving the windows up and down. I only have the door guards and hammock in my Model 3 when the dogs are riding with me, so I never have them installed for more than a few hours at a time.

Same and +1. Seems the product doesn't exist anymore. I clicked the link from my Amazon recent orders and it just goes to the tabs.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0776FHCL4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We have this one: Deluxe Dog Hammock Car Seat Protector / Grip-Tight™ Quilted Microfiber Hammock Seat Protector -- Orvis

View attachment 317545

We purchased it pre-Model 3, and it works okay, but it's a little bit of a stretch to fit the straps over the headrests, even when all four are extended to their maximum length. We purchased the Large, but the X-Large might be better in this regard. The quality of the thing is fantastic though. Definitely worth the premium in cost over the crummy versions from Amazon.

We also got the door protectors: Car Door Protectors / Interior Car Door Protectors -- Orvis

They seem to work okay, but the little plastic pieces you slide down the window are a tight fit, and I'm a little concerned with inch or two the windows drop when opening the door that it is going to put excess stress on the motors. We only put them in when the pup is riding along.

View attachment 317546

And finally, I don't have one of him in the car, but it seems appropriate to post a photo of him on a dog thread:
View attachment 317549

Any idea if these could be used for kid protection? Do they have slits on the seat side for the LATCH buckles?

We have a good sized Schnoodle and two kids, 8 and 11. They're only all in the car for about 90 minutes when we drive to the cabin. Our method has been to put one seat down, put a blanket over it, and run a leash through the car seat anchor. It wouldn't work for longer trips but it's fine for 90 minutes.

IMG_20180616_183859.jpg
IMG_20180616_183905.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Laver and PoitNarf
Also keep your doggie's nails trimmed and polished. This is how most damage occurs.

That combined with a hammock and door protection and your baby car will be fine.

The only issue with have is with dog fur. Ours sheds a ton and sometimes driving the car is like being in a snow globe with fur floating around everywhere.

I guess I can saran wrap our dogie's but not sure she would like that...

Also keep your doggie's nails trimmed and polished. This is how most damage occurs.

That combined with a hammock and door protection and your baby car will be fine.

The only issue with have is with dog fur. Ours sheds a ton and sometimes driving the car is like being in a snow globe with fur floating around everywhere.

I guess I can saran wrap our dogie's but not sure she would like that...

Yeah the shedding with my lab is a huge issue. I've been vacuuming out the whole car after every trip with my dogs.