Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Dome and Visor Lights on and off every few seconds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been looking all over the internet, on forums and Twitter, with no luck even finding anyone with my problem. I am looking for any tips or suggestions. Ever since v11 all my dome and visor lights turn on and off over and over every few seconds until I put the car in drive. It get really annoying when trying to do things in the inside of the car at night or look at yourself in the mirrors and fix make up in my girlfriend's case. I have tried powering off, rebooting, rebooting with foot on the brake, toggling all the different light settings in the menu and different combinations of the settings. No alerts or errors in the notification tab, and just had service at my house to fix a repeater camera and the guy didn't seem to know anything about this problem either. If anyone is also experiencing this problem or knows a fix, that would be greatly appreciated; at least, if anything, shed some light on this problem/bug for others that may be experiencing this problem. This is my first post so will try to attach video of the issue if possible. Any help would be appreciated. Will probably put in a service request if no one can help to maybe see if they can push a patch/update for my car. Thanks for your time!

Video attached of current issue.

Nope no aftermarket upgrades of any kind. That's what's strange, everything was working fine, and I believe v11 is what's caused the issue.

Most of the issues I read with lights are because of aftermarket puddle lamps. Since you dont have that, and think its because of a software update, you should submit a service request with the issue (especially if you can video it) and ask them to re push the software update to ensure its not corrupt.

Most of the issues I read with lights are because of aftermarket puddle lamps. Since you dont have that, and think its because of a software update, you should submit a service request with the issue (especially if you can video it) and ask them to re push the software update to ensure its not corrupt.
Will do that, thank you for the help! Service rep did mention that I had a few firmware updates that failed to download, maybe something did get corrupted. Thanks!

Reactions: jjrandorin
Good luck with it. Stop back by to let us know if that fixes it or not.
Follow up post. They pushed software update again. No fix. Took it in and they thought it was the Bluetooth antenna, they replaced that one and realized my early vin Model 3 xxx000649 had 2 of the Bluetooth antennas. Apparently the wires corroded between the two which caused a short circuit causing the dome and visor lights to turn off and on. Also found out this issue affected my key cards from locking and unlocking at the B pillar. Also affected hazard lights when the circuit was resetting hazards wouldn't work right away. Everything was fixed after the two antennas were fixed. Will try to attach invoice with parts that were replaced. Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220324-223258.png
    Screenshot_20220324-223258.png
    777.1 KB · Views: 172
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin