Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Door cards (pre-interior refresh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering if anyone knew if the old door cards - specifically the white ones - would fit in a new model interior? The refreshed white interior comes with black (looks like alcantara) door cards, but actually really like the previous version, which were white.

I'm guessing not, as the new models have the extending dashboard trim onto the doors, so probably re-designed to a different size/shape, but they do look the same...

Old:
1660579206982.png

New:
1660579360002.png

The older design door cards also have the soft feel bottom section - same as the top - those new ones are hard plastic. No idea if they are the same size and door fixing positions though. Paying an extra £1300 for a white interior and finding the white inserts are no longer fitted is just another example of Tesla cutting costs.

Reactions: rowedav
Don’t get me wrong, I do like the new interior. And there is a part of me that says the white door cards are a bit ‘too much’ white. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they were the same size/fitment so I could consider it when my car arrives.

I suspect you will be just enjoying your car. I was convinced I'd change the wood effect in mine for alcantara. But I never even notice it.

Buy stuff once you have been driving it for a while. That said the cup holders are too wide for normal UK bottles.

I'd be willing to bet the door cards are identical in terms of how they attach to the metal, i.e. clips in the same locations.

Would you need to transfer the door open button from the older card, and end up with different style buttons front and rear? From the looks of the EPC the part of the door that houses the button is part of the door card.

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 12.44.07.png