Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 door panels retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it is 100% true you can retrofit your Tesla Model 3 door panels to the 2021 ones with the wood trim. I have a Tesla Model 3 2018 December build duel motor. I picked up two door panels from the auto wreckers from a 2021 model 3 and they have since been installed and all the plugs and connections are identical. I had them installed at a Tesla certified Body Shop and they let me watch as they made all the connections to show me everything was identical. I asked a total of 3 Tesla technicians and they all stated it most likely should be no problem but could not give me a definite answer since they had not actually put one on a car. When I went to a Tesla certified Body Shop they took one look at it and said it would indeed fit. The Tesla certified body shops deal with door panels every day and that's why they seem to know as soon as they saw the door panel.

Yes it is 100% true you can retrofit your Tesla Model 3 door panels to the 2021 ones with the wood trim. I have a Tesla Model 3 2018 December build duel motor. I picked up two door panels from the auto wreckers from a 2021 model 3 and they have since been installed and all the plugs and connections are identical. I had them installed at a Tesla certified Body Shop and they let me watch as they made all the connections to show me everything was identical. I asked a total of 3 Tesla technicians and they all stated it most likely should be no problem but could not give me a definite answer since they had not actually put one on a car. When I went to a Tesla certified Body Shop they took one look at it and said it would indeed fit. The Tesla certified body shops deal with door panels every day and that's why they seem to know as soon as they saw the door panel.
How much did the labor cost you?