Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 driver's seat adjustment - can it be adjusted to go further back ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I'm not 7ft tall or anything, let's get that out of the way :)

I find myself regularly using free public chargers, and am making a Tesla table so that I can work on my laptop while charging ... but even with Easy Entry profile putting the seat all the way back and the steering wheel all the way in and up, there's not really enough space.

Has anyone had their seat rails moved further back ? Is it something the service centre can do while you wait ??

Many thanks.
Joe

Reactions: beachmiles
It was actually a serious question. Sometimes I have a colleague with me when visiting a customer , so I’m driving … I want the seat further back , somehow, so that I can use my laptop, from the driver’s seat…

Reactions: beachmiles
It was actually a serious question. Sometimes I have a colleague with me when visiting a customer , so I’m driving … I want the seat further back , somehow, so that I can use my laptop, from the driver’s seat…
Any luck on this? I managed to remove the huge dead pedal compressed foam which bought me a couple inches for my left leg. If I cut the carpet i could maybe get a couple more inches. But I think being moving the seat rails back would get me a few more blessed inches of room. Unfortunately the steering wheel not extending far enough would be the next battle. I have not had any luck in that department as well.

Any luck on this? I managed to remove the huge dead pedal compressed foam which bought me a couple inches for my left leg. If I cut the carpet i could maybe get a couple more inches. But I think being moving the seat rails back would get me a few more blessed inches of room. Unfortunately the steering wheel not extending far enough would be the next battle. I have not had any luck in that department as well.
Any pics of how you removed the foam and what it looks like? And any luck adjusting the rails? I'm developing knee pain from having my knee bent all the time and really would like to be able to straighten my legs even for a min or two while on cruise control...