Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 drivers seat slightly loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the mobile service tech out for the SVI update in Australia - while at it, asked about the seat and how it felt slightly moving on stopping. Basically our local tech did say it was a common request but the movement felt is within the parameter. As long as there are no loose materials around the four long bolts to the rails of the seats; no movements on the rails; the movements felt could be either the seat back which does have a bit of play; or the seat itself where the movement comes from the seat adjustment. Anyway, our tech did tighten the seat base half-a-turn and I'll drive it around more in couple of hours to make sure it was "fixed".

Hi, I got the same issue with my Model 3, 2022 version. I live in Melbourne, and the service centre reject to change a new seat for me, and said this is normal. How can you convinced them to replace a new seat for you? Please help, its so frustrating. The car just drove 7000km only.

i didnt. my seat was replaced because it was creaking when adjusting the front bolster!

Before I tried to get the seat replaced for the rocking they said that was normal (obviously not). complete BS. mine also came up at like 5000km - its clearly a manufacturing defect.

does it rocking again after changing a new seat? did Tesla charge you for a fee?

nope. the front adjustment was creaking. Tech came and lubricated it - said didnt work so seat had to be replaced. The noise was actually gone though - i presume due to the tropical heat the grease spread a bit while the car baked in the sun for few hours.

And no, the new seat doesnt rock at all.

Last edited:
nope. the front adjustment was creaking. Tech came and lubricated it - said didnt work so seat had to be replaced. The noise was actually gone though - i presume due to the tropical heat the grease spread a bit while the car baked in the sun for few hours.

And no, the new seat doesnt rock at all.
Thanks. I have booked a service for the seats rocking, hopefully they willing to replace new seats for me.