Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Early Reservation, Willing to sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have a garage or place to charge as I rent a right now. It would be difficult to maintain an EV right now for me

May not be as difficult as you think.

Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 6.10.06 PM.png

You are in San Mateo. There are many L2 chargers in your area. Check Plugshare at PlugShare

Unless you drive more than 200 miles/day you won't need to charger your car every day. If you drive 50 miles/day you'll only need to charge it every 3 days.

If your are not a current Tesla owner, you won't be getting your Model 3 until about a year from now at the earliest. By the time you get your car there will be even more charging locations of all kinds than there are now. And as @SpiceWare notes, more Tesla Superchargers are coming to your area.

If someone buys the car for $40K and sells it for $45K, who cares about the tax credit?

The first purchaser has to pay sales tax, gets no tax credit, then expects to turn around and sell it at a profit to someone who is willing to pay that premium? I just don't see it happening because that's just too big of a gap to bridge to try to turn a profit, at least in my view.

Reactions: melindav
The first purchaser has to pay sales tax, gets no tax credit, then expects to turn around and sell it at a profit to someone who is willing to pay that premium? I just don't see it happening because that's just too big of a gap to bridge to try to turn a profit, at least in my view.
It's either pay a premium or wait until probably 2019. Someone's precious little boy or girl may not want to wait that long, especially if they are graduating in 2018. ;)

Not relevant in this case, but some states don't charge sales tax.

Reactions: Canuck
I'd like to see TMC have an official policy of reporting identifying information of speculators to the IRS and to Tesla.

I do get your point, and like you I am against people who would abuse the EV rebate / tax deduction to try to make a profit, but don't we want to discuss these issues openly without a chilling effect? Also, do we want TMC to become the police of what we post? I don't think so.

Reactions: Big-T and Ciaopec
do we want TMC to become the police of what we post?
There is no lack of content that TMC is happy to censure that makes someone or another uncomfortable. No new ground being broken here, and I don't see the big difference between erasing certain content and wielding a stick to dissuade people from posting in the first place.

don't we want to discuss these issues openly
I'm all for discussion of speculation in a free market economy but I have no wish to support their activities here by giving them a venue when it comes to the roll-out of the Model 3. Tesla actively opposes speculation, and I want to join the effort.

Reactions: croman
We actually want to transfer to one of my partners in our practice without compensation. Does anyone have real experience from Tesla what the steps are and the ease of the transfer? They are waiting for the reveal to decide on whether to pursue this or another EV

You are in San Mateo. There are many L2 chargers in your area. Check Plugshare at PlugShare

Unless you drive more than 200 miles/day you won't need to charger your car every day. If you drive 50 miles/day you'll only need to charge it every 3 days.

If your are not a current Tesla owner, you won't be getting your Model 3 until about a year from now at the earliest. By the time you get your car there will be even more charging locations of all kinds than there are now. And as @SpiceWare notes, more Tesla Superchargers are coming to your area.

Thanks for useful info. I drive 36 miles a day.
I am not current tesla owner, but based on stats that Tesla released I might get mine sometime around Oct/Nov if everything goes according to Tesla's plan.

Even if we have enough superchargers, I can't wait few hours every week at the supercharger to charge my car.

A couple hours? maybe a 15 minute stop every 3rd day or so.

just curious, did you move since putting your reservation in that changed your ability to charge at home? or was charging just not a consideration when reserving?

15 minutes ?? seriously ? what percent can I charge in 15 mins ?
I though Tesla wouldn't make make it on time based on its history with S and X. Expected it to deliver some where in mid 2018 or after.

• Funny
Reactions: melindav