Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Early Reservation, Willing to sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Then just call up Tesla and have them refund you reservation fee.
It appears to me that new TMC member @Vred is not doing that because he/she has decided they can flip their Model 3 and make a profit. Maybe they can. But since the next owner won't be eligible for any federal or state EV incentives, I doubt they will be able to sell the car for enough of a premium to come out ahead after they pay sales tax since they won't get the EV incentives either.

We reserved a model 3 just in case it was a more affordable replacement for our model s because the timing worked out with our lease. But I'm not gonna lie that potentially making a profit flipping the car did not play a role. I'm sure there are a ton of people in this boat. No shame in attempting it just might not make financial sense.
As time has passed we are leaning towards getting another S or an X but waiting until we can sit in a 3 to decide.
BTW All the speculators gave tesla a 1000$ 0% interest loan for two years, they should not be ridiculed, they helped financed the model 3 even if they end up canceling.
No need to involve the IRS

• Love
Reactions: Navin
We actually want to transfer to one of my partners in our practice without compensation. Does anyone have real experience from Tesla what the steps are and the ease of the transfer? They are waiting for the reveal to decide on whether to pursue this or another EV

Why would Tesla allow someone to 'transfer' a reservation to another person? From what I saw many people reserved multiple vehicles hoping to profit from potential high demand. Is there some sort of precedent for this with the Model S or Model X?

I suspect many who reserved will not move forward if:
  • A HUD is not available and the center display is the only display
  • The 'base' configuration @$36K will require $45K to be acceptable
  • The trunk opening is too limiting for many (strollers, bikes, etc.)

• Informative
Reactions: Lunarx and TaoJones
I am really glad that Tesla is on top of the reservation process. Leave it open for abuse and we'd probably see early base Model 3s going for 70k and genuine buyers having to wait 3 years for their car.

I suspect many who reserved will not move forward if:
  • A HUD is not available and the center display is the only display
  • The 'base' configuration @$36K will require $45K to be acceptable
  • The trunk opening is too limiting for many (strollers, bikes, etc.)
  • It won't be and it is.
  • The base is $35K and "acceptable" is completely subjective so I'm sure the base version will be just fine for a great many people
  • Unless they made it smaller the trunk opening will certainly fit a stroller and Elon already said it'll fit a bike as well.

15 minutes ?? seriously ? what percent can I charge in 15 mins ?
I though Tesla wouldn't make make it on time based on its history with S and X. Expected it to deliver some where in mid 2018 or after.
A model s and x get 60% charge in 30 minutes , the model will use new 2170 cells and a smaller battery , so in 15 minutes you will get 40-60% charge

I hope "prior" can just mean before you configure your m3 online and not before you put down your reservation...
That I'm not sure of. It seems a bit of a stretch that someone could have enough forethought to seek Tesla's approval before they made their reservation way back as early as April of 2016. But it also seems like a stretch to expect Tesla to approval a request to transfer a reservation shortly before Tesla begin accepting orders. I guess somewhere in the middle? Who knows...