Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Early Reservation, Willing to sell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is just stupid.

If you just want to make 0 profit and 0 loss, the sensible action here is to request a refund on your reservation.

If you want to make a profit, then you will acquire the risk of taking a loss... Hope you do your homework.

If you do go through with this and fail, please post here so we can all read about it. I like a "good" story in the morning.

That I'm not sure of. It seems a bit of a stretch that someone could have enough forethought to seek Tesla's approval before they made their reservation way back as early as April of 2016. But it also seems like a stretch to expect Tesla to approval a request to transfer a reservation shortly before Tesla begin accepting orders. I guess somewhere in the middle? Who knows...
Its probably made ambiguous on purpose... there weren't a lot of folks who put down 2 reservations but I'm hoping there'll be a good # of people who put reservations down for immediate family members.

Prior is going to refer to "prior to transferring" so if there's no written approval and someone "sells" you a spot, it may be no good.

It seems a bit of a stretch that someone could have enough forethought to seek Tesla's approval before they made their reservation way back as early as April of 2016.

Also, if someone knew, before they placed their reservation, that they were going to transfer it why wouldn't they just make the reservation in the name of the person you're going to transfer it to in the first place.

Also, if someone knew, before they placed their reservation, that they were going to transfer it why wouldn't they just make the reservation in the name of the person you're going to transfer it to in the first place.
I think you can't put down a reservation for a person who's name isn't on your credit card. That is, you can't just stand there and put down 4 separate reservations for 4 different people.
In my case, my brother was out of the country so I put down 2, but they both had to be under my name

Folks,
I reserved my Model 3 around 11AM 31st, March 2016 in Mountain View, CA. I am willing to work with someone who is interested in owning it brand new right after I purchase.
I don't have a garage or place to charge as I rent a right now. It would be difficult to maintain an EV right now for me, IM here if anyone is interested.

How did you reserve in "Mountain View" ? There is no Tesla store in Mountain View. Did you mean Palo Alto or Sunnyvale? Did you wait in line at one of those locations?