Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 EarthX ETX900 Battery base 3-d print

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, All. A few months ago, I saw a guy on a Tesla forum trying to sell the EarthX battery and 3-d printed mount for $100+ surcharge. I recently needed to replace my battery under warranty, so I decided to print the base for the battery and share it with others who may need it. This battery base will allow the use of OEM battery harness

What you will need:
- EarthX ETX900 Li Ion Battery:

- A post for the battery (I don't want a lead post, but you can get any that fit):

- The battery base:
(I recently created this account, so it may not be live for 24 hours)

Please note that this must be printed in ABS, ABS+ or other similar material that can resist both high temperatures and chemicals. You should be able to print this with 40-50% infill and 100% infill would be a waste of material.

I would recommend using a piece of sandpaper between the battery holder and battery since there is a sticker on the battery is not ideal.

If you do not own a 3-d printer, the object can be printed for ~$20. Here is a website that offers 3-d printing service where you can upload the object as a .obj file and have it delivered to you.

I am not affiliated with any of the merchants or products linked other than the battery base. If you use the design and would like to buy me some 3-d filament, I'll add a link tomorrow.

• Helpful
Reactions: android04
MPP wants over $210 for their bungee cord hold-down and tray so $100 is not bad.
I want $0, but anyone can donate if they want. I've only had the battery for a few days, but I'll report back of there are charging issues like the other brands.

Make your money. I'm just looking to help, not criticizing.

I'm working on a better option for teslafi/Tessie app, as well. Depending on the amount of data, users will have the option to store data locally and not have to pay monthly. I can add cloud storage for a monthly fee, but need to see how much that would cost. For $5/month, you can actually get your own AWS db, so it can't be more than that. We'll see. Maybe by Dec.

Reactions: Jejunjm
I want $0, but anyone can donate if they want. I've only had the battery for a few days, but I'll report back of there are charging issues like the other brands.

Make your money. I'm just looking to help, not criticizing.

I'm working on a better option for teslafi/Tessie app, as well. Depending on the amount of data, users will have the option to store data locally and not have to pay monthly. I can add cloud storage for a monthly fee, but need to see how much that would cost. For $5/month, you can actually get your own AWS db, so it can't be more than that. We'll see. Maybe by Dec.
A local based app would be awesome. I’m honestly amazed it hasn’t gotten much traction before and the pay solutions are...

- The battery base:

Please note that this must be printed in ABS, ABS+ or other similar material that can resist both high temperatures and chemicals. You should be able to print this with 40-50% infill and 100% infill would be a waste of material.

I would recommend using a piece of sandpaper between the battery holder and battery since there is a sticker on the battery is not ideal.

If you do not own a 3-d printer, the object can be printed for ~$20. Here is a website that offers 3-d printing service where you can upload the object as a .obj file and have it delivered to you.

I am not affiliated with any of the merchants or products linked other than the battery base. If you use the design and would like to buy me some 3-d filament, I'll add a link tomorrow.
Still not showing up on Thingiverse for me. Anybody else have any luck?

Hi, All. A few months ago, I saw a guy on a Tesla forum trying to sell the EarthX battery and 3-d printed mount for $100+ surcharge. I recently needed to replace my battery under warranty, so I decided to print the base for the battery and share it with others who may need it. This battery base will allow the use of OEM battery harness

What you will need:
- EarthX ETX900 Li Ion Battery:

- A post for the battery (I don't want a lead post, but you can get any that fit):

- The battery base:

Did you ever manage to get this posted to thiniverse?

Also, did you have to buy charging posts for the battery to properly attach? My ETX900 doesn't have any posts that come with it.