Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 electric tailgate / frunk (power liftgate) group buy?

Hayden

Apr 12, 2016
Belgium
If this is still on, 20% is a great discount. Wish I had that when I purchased but zero regrets for the TO trunk and frunk kits. It's a bit more expensive than the other brands but the value is in better quality, reliability, and post-sales support.
It is indeed good quality, yesterday I was hit and everything is bent but the trunk kit still works perfectly
:D ;)
20210603_163833.jpg
#always look on the bright side of life#

Byeehaaw

Aug 13, 2018
Flushing
Separately, I got a quote for installation from a local shop. Is $500 for installation a good price? I’m taking in my car to install a tow hitch, so figured it would be good to do them together as the foot sensor requires bumper removal anyway.

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
Separately, I got a quote for installation from a local shop. Is $500 for installation a good price? I’m taking in my car to install a tow hitch, so figured it would be good to do them together as the foot sensor requires bumper removal anyway.
Is the $500 quote for trunk only or includes frunk as well? If trunk kit only, that seems high. Also, the bumper does not need to come off for foot sensor if your car has the tow-hitch panel from the factory. Wherever you take it, make sure they've actually installed a few of these so they're not using your car as their training tool. An experienced installer going slowly should take 2.5 hours max for the trunk so to answer your question with a question: Is $200/hr expensive?

Byeehaaw

Aug 13, 2018
Flushing
Is the $500 quote for trunk only or includes frunk as well? If trunk kit only, that seems high. Also, the bumper does not need to come off for foot sensor if your car has the tow-hitch panel from the factory. Wherever you take it, make sure they've actually installed a few of these so they're not using your car as their training tool. An experienced installer going slowly should take 2.5 hours max for the trunk so to answer your question with a question: Is $200/hr expensive?
Thanks for the feedback. I have a dec 2018 so I don’t have the tow hitch panel, but since I am getting a tow hitch installed, I will have the updated bottom cover after the install is done. I will look for someone else to do the tailgate.

I also contacted tesla offer to see if they can do another group buy. They told me not at this time. Hopefully there’s a Father’s Day code or something

tlr1000

Jun 14, 2018
Vancouver
Thanks for the feedback. I have a dec 2018 so I don’t have the tow hitch panel, but since I am getting a tow hitch installed, I will have the updated bottom cover after the install is done. I will look for someone else to do the tailgate.

I also contacted tesla offer to see if they can do another group buy. They told me not at this time. Hopefully there’s a Father’s Day code or something
With the updated bottom hitch cover, my local TeslaOffer certified installer takes 2.0 hours and he's super careful and takes no shortcuts.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC