Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 electric tailgate / frunk (power liftgate) group buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is still on, 20% is a great discount. Wish I had that when I purchased but zero regrets for the TO trunk and frunk kits. It's a bit more expensive than the other brands but the value is in better quality, reliability, and post-sales support.
It is indeed good quality, yesterday I was hit and everything is bent but the trunk kit still works perfectly
:D ;)
20210603_163833.jpg
#always look on the bright side of life#

Separately, I got a quote for installation from a local shop. Is $500 for installation a good price? I’m taking in my car to install a tow hitch, so figured it would be good to do them together as the foot sensor requires bumper removal anyway.

Separately, I got a quote for installation from a local shop. Is $500 for installation a good price? I’m taking in my car to install a tow hitch, so figured it would be good to do them together as the foot sensor requires bumper removal anyway.
Is the $500 quote for trunk only or includes frunk as well? If trunk kit only, that seems high. Also, the bumper does not need to come off for foot sensor if your car has the tow-hitch panel from the factory. Wherever you take it, make sure they've actually installed a few of these so they're not using your car as their training tool. An experienced installer going slowly should take 2.5 hours max for the trunk so to answer your question with a question: Is $200/hr expensive?

Is the $500 quote for trunk only or includes frunk as well? If trunk kit only, that seems high. Also, the bumper does not need to come off for foot sensor if your car has the tow-hitch panel from the factory. Wherever you take it, make sure they've actually installed a few of these so they're not using your car as their training tool. An experienced installer going slowly should take 2.5 hours max for the trunk so to answer your question with a question: Is $200/hr expensive?
Thanks for the feedback. I have a dec 2018 so I don’t have the tow hitch panel, but since I am getting a tow hitch installed, I will have the updated bottom cover after the install is done. I will look for someone else to do the tailgate.

I also contacted tesla offer to see if they can do another group buy. They told me not at this time. Hopefully there’s a Father’s Day code or something

Thanks for the feedback. I have a dec 2018 so I don’t have the tow hitch panel, but since I am getting a tow hitch installed, I will have the updated bottom cover after the install is done. I will look for someone else to do the tailgate.

I also contacted tesla offer to see if they can do another group buy. They told me not at this time. Hopefully there’s a Father’s Day code or something
With the updated bottom hitch cover, my local TeslaOffer certified installer takes 2.0 hours and he's super careful and takes no shortcuts.

Yeah, I think it's time to replace my failing Hansshow trunk kit. Never actually received all the pieces I paid for, and now the struts are exhibiting signs of mechanical failure. Having to help the trunk lid up and down isn't exactly luxury.

My friend's Hansshow trunk kit (which he purchased way after my TeslaOffer kit) also has dead struts. Less than one year later one of the struts somehow made his trunk lid raised by 1/4 inch on one side. He contacted Hansshow who were happy to provide support that didn't cost the company (diagnosis, firmware upgrades, etc) but in the end it appeared new replacement struts were needed and he was completely ignored after that.

Yeah, so is the group buy still on? Hansshow is reading my messages, but not responding. What good is a two year warranty if the company doesn't honor it?
Hansshow’s warranty is worthless. They didn’t honor mine (failed in under a year) and they likely won’t honor yours. I made the expensive decision to cut my losses and replaced my frunk kit with Tesla Offer’s superior product.

Status
Not open for further replies.