Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 errors (APP_w305, APP_w269)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks,

My autopilot isn't working unfortunately - no idea why.

I'm getting the following errors:

- APP_w305
- APP_w269

I've booked a service appointment. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I tried a hard reboot and the errors remain present. It says the right fender camera is blocked, but its not. I took a closer look and the lens doesn't look cracked or damaged in anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Not sure what could have caused it.

Appreciate the help :(

- cc

Reactions: Mahi-Mahi
Very weird, i dont think we typically see that type of error code on the customer facing UI. Normally it will say something generic like "contact Tesla" without an actual code.

What software version are you guys on?

Very weird, i dont think we typically see that type of error code on the customer facing UI. Normally it will say something generic like "contact Tesla" without an actual code.

What software version are you guys on?

Latest version. I sat in the car today and the error was gone but I haven't taken it for a drive (its raining out). I have an apt scheduled for Dec 31.

I got the same error messages. Not sure if it was related but it starts to pop up almost daily since recent updates in December. Schedule an service appointment but it sucks that no spot in my area is available until the end of Jan. Please kindly share what your service turns out. Thanks!

hi all

I went to the service center (my car is a new delivery) and they said my cables weren't in plugged enough. Admittedly I find this hard to believe because the error went away eventually and was fully functional.

With that said, car is working fine. Appreciating a couple of other of us have had this exact error, maybe it was a software bug.

AppStar was the error present within your garage as well?

Have had the same issue w my M3 SR+. Two times in the last month this has been an issue. Disappears after the car has been pried for a while. Very annoying and makes me lose some confidence in AP since it cannot spot cars coming from behind or in blind spot.

Hi folks,

My autopilot isn't working unfortunately - no idea why.

I'm getting the following errors:

- APP_w305
- APP_w269

I've booked a service appointment. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I tried a hard reboot and the errors remain present. It says the right fender camera is blocked, but its not. I took a closer look and the lens doesn't look cracked or damaged in anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Not sure what could have caused it.

Appreciate the help :(

- cc
Same thing for me
Car is two weeks old
Right repeater cam seems to not load

Just got my car from the Tesla Service and error popped up. I never has this issue before. They had to replace my board for the internet, stopped working for a month.
I have re-schedule for another service appt day after I picked up from Agoura Tesla Service

APP w305
Autopilot cameras unavailable
Features may be restored on next drive

Showed up in the morning.
Later in the day it was fine.

2020 Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor
Oh. Not sure if this applies to you, but: If you ever have the cameras replaced (any of the cameras, this happened to me when the side, rear looking ones were replaced under warranty due to glare), or a windshield camera gets removed and replaced (as in, broken front window replacement) and, I'm guessing, anything to do with the video path, there's this, "calibration" period during which the car does some kind of processing on the incoming camera feed data for a while before it lets one use the cameras for normal use. For TACC/Lane Keeping/Stop light detection/Stop sign detection/etc.

If memory serves, when the guy R&R'd the side-view cameras, he told us to go out and drive thirty or forty miles, turn off the car, then see if it all would work. He was right, it worked after the drive.

Just saw both errors for the first time I recall in my 2019 3 on 22.45.15.

I did have my side pillar repeaters replaced months ago.

I've been running this version for a while, but it was recently reinstalled after Service apparently coded it to be installed for a recall at a recent service appointment.

Walking far enough away from the car to shut it down with Walk-Away Door Lock enabled to make it obvious when it happened seems to have worked around the problem for now.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯