TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 errors (APP_w305, APP_w269)

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by curiouscat, Dec 28, 2019.

1. curiouscat

curiouscat Member

Hi folks,

My autopilot isn't working unfortunately - no idea why.

I'm getting the following errors:

- APP_w305
    - APP_w269

I've booked a service appointment. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I tried a hard reboot and the errors remain present. It says the right fender camera is blocked, but its not. I took a closer look and the lens doesn't look cracked or damaged in anyway.

Has anyone else had this problem before? Not sure what could have caused it.

Appreciate the help :(

- cc

• Like x 1
  2. joeminaj

joeminaj New Member

I’m getting the same error message. Right after the message came up saying left front fender camera blocked.

3. kbecks13

kbecks13 Active Member

Very weird, i dont think we typically see that type of error code on the customer facing UI. Normally it will say something generic like "contact Tesla" without an actual code.

What software version are you guys on?

4. curiouscat

curiouscat Member

Latest version. I sat in the car today and the error was gone but I haven't taken it for a drive (its raining out). I have an apt scheduled for Dec 31.

5. JAK5108

JAK5108 New Member

I got the same error messages. Not sure if it was related but it starts to pop up almost daily since recent updates in December. Schedule an service appointment but it sucks that no spot in my area is available until the end of Jan. Please kindly share what your service turns out. Thanks!

6. AppStar

AppStar Member

Same thing happened to me with the right fender camera two days ago. Cleaned camera and tried restart but didn't come back. Any updates?

7. curiouscat

curiouscat Member

hi all

I went to the service center (my car is a new delivery) and they said my cables weren't in plugged enough. Admittedly I find this hard to believe because the error went away eventually and was fully functional.

With that said, car is working fine. Appreciating a couple of other of us have had this exact error, maybe it was a software bug.

AppStar was the error present within your garage as well?

8. orangegecko

orangegecko Member

This happened to me yesterday and I also did reboots and power offs... today no error messages...

installing update 2019.40.50.5 right now as well...

9. dmahanta

dmahanta New Member

I have the same error show up not sure if it's because I had installed a clear bra today. Will go to the detail shop to check if they wired in the camera correctly

10. Johnny Lin

Johnny Lin New Member

My car is Model X P100D Raven 2019, i have the same error during 2020.4.1 through 2020.8.1, had replaced the right B pile camera but error still came out after a long distant (350miles) drive.

11. znac

znac Member

Have had the same issue w my M3 SR+. Two times in the last month this has been an issue. Disappears after the car has been pried for a while. Very annoying and makes me lose some confidence in AP since it cannot spot cars coming from behind or in blind spot.

12. Paul-S.H.-Hsu

Paul-S.H.-Hsu New Member

I got this error after put matt black film on all chromate parts over. I tried power off once then no more error message show up. I still observe it ....

13. KuramaKitsune

KuramaKitsune Member

Same thing for me
    Car is two weeks old
    Right repeater cam seems to not load

14. Mahi-Mahi

Mahi-Mahi Member

Same problem model 3. APP_w305 and w269 error notifications. Running 2020.44.10.1. No changes to the car, so seems like sw issue.

hard restart no effect.

15. scooter62

scooter62 Member

Its a hardware issue. Many of us have had it. Cameras need to be replaced. Make a service appointment.

• Informative x 1