Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 exotic colors

Which exotic color(s) would you most likely choose for your Model 3?

• Red

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • Orange

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Green

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Blue

Votes: 38 28.6%
  • Purple

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • Not interested in exotic colors

Votes: 29 21.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was all gungho on the matte until I learned more about caring for the paint. As much as I love it I know I don't have it in me to care for it well enough. A deep blue with a touch of purple would be my choice. Perhaps even a bit more purple than in the image shown.
1372052210.jpg

I see that Tesla has eliminated "Solid White" from their color options. Yes, they have an extra cost multi-coat Pearl White, but the Solid White has been eliminated and that's the color I wanted. :mad:

I think it's similar to the upping the price on the pano and the SC changes coming. Keeping margins up to where they want them and offsetting costs elsewhere. Certainly can't blame them as the market is keeping a close eye on those numbers until M3 is out.

Reactions: Red Sage
I see that Tesla has eliminated "Solid White" from their color options. Yes, they have an extra cost multi-coat Pearl White, but the Solid White has been eliminated and that's the color I wanted. :mad:

Yea. Pretty stupid on their part. One has to assume there will be at least one additional no-cost color option to complement black. There needs to be a free, light-colored option.

Yea. Pretty stupid on their part. One has to assume there will be at least one additional no-cost color option to complement black. There needs to be a free, light-colored option.

In my opinion, it would make more sense to eliminate solid black and keep the solid white. So.........if one doesn't want a premium, extra cost color, then you have only one choice, - black.

Agree, but I just went to the Tesla site and looked at colors on the S. Anything but basic black is a minimum of $1000 extra cost. I can understand some extra cost for metallic / candy /pearl colors. But eliminating white, or really any non-metallic / candy / pearl color as a no extra cost choice means they have raised the base price as far as I am concerned. At least we have a year +/- to see if something changes.

While I believe a clean black car with some bright highlights looks great, I've had two in my lifetime because I forgot how hard it was to keep the first one clean. Ever had your glasses fog over from the heat that blasts out of a black car when you open the door on a 90+ degree, cloud free day?

Reactions: Red Sage
Agree, but I just went to the Tesla site and looked at colors on the S. Anything but basic black is a minimum of $1000 extra cost. I can understand some extra cost for metallic / candy /pearl colors. But eliminating white, or really any non-metallic / candy / pearl color as a no extra cost choice means they have raised the base price as far as I am concerned. At least we have a year +/- to see if something changes.

While I believe a clean black car with some bright highlights looks great, I've had two in my lifetime because I forgot how hard it was to keep the first one clean. Ever had your glasses fog over from the heat that blasts out of a black car when you open the door on a 90+ degree, cloud free day?

I see this stated all the time but I don't understand it(as far as "looking clean"). I have a black(second choice) car and it still looks good even when I know it hasn't been washed in a month. I see white cars on the road with dirt all along the lower door panels and kicked up on the back end and am glad I don't have that. Granted it gets hot as hell though.

here's my take on what 'looks' clean the longest. A medium colored metallic multi-coat paint. It will reflect best thru a layer of dust/dirt.

I have the gold car below and this pix was after a couple days of driving cross country. Both my friend's white car and mine have a glossy shiny finish and left the east coast freshly washed. But after the nonmetallic white plant has a layer of dust (not even rained on), it's shine is instantly flattened. The gold up close is dusty, but the paint still keeps looking glossy and picks up light and reflections.
I currently also have a light silver metallic car, not a multi-coat paint, and it shows dirt/dust much quicker than the gold.
2678658515_7a7f8dfc34_b.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Jayc
I started not being sure that 'green' qualified as exotic (see avatar). But quickly became mired in deep philosophical waters as to what 'exotic' even meant with respect to colors, in this age of full gamut pigments.

Ok, nevermind. Give me green, or give me... black that I can make into green.

Thank you kindly.