Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Extended Warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skione65

May 5, 2016
Kentucky
So Mobile just left had some work done and I mentioned my Warranty expires end of Sept. 2022 (this summer). I was under the assumption there was no extended warranty for the 3 (I then asked him) and he proceeded to tell me there was. I still doubted him. He said it extends the current and doubles the original. Another 4 years/100,000 mi. So I asked what that runs, and he said $2100. Also said the only thing that it doesn’t cover is the 12v which is only $89. I’m still skeptical. I said what’s the process and who would I contact? He mentioned just put it in the app Service Request and they’ll contact you with information on it.
News to me. Still doubt it though. Anyone have any knowledge or experience/info regarding this? I’m running a Sept 2018 P3D+. Haven’t contacted Tesla yet. Not really sure it’d be worth it anyway. He said am I planning to keep the car? He tried to sell it by telling me someone in an S needed a new battery and he had it and that saved him. Lol. I said yes I’ll probably drive it until the wheels fall off unless the current camera suite is deemed inappropriate for Level 5 Full FSD and Tesla won’t in the future pay for retrofit upgrade. Told him I’m on AP2.5 with the 3.0 computer upgrade.
Comments/Thoughts?

Ski

Last edited: