Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Factory Chrome Delete coming soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am torn because I love the model y black trim and I wanted to wait until the Model 3 offered the black trim to order. But in July I was tired of waiting and ordered a 3.
I have been watching dozens of videos of how to do the chrome delete and I am planning to do the chrome delete the day my Model 3 arrives in September.

Obviously there is no indication when Model 3s with chrome delete will be available in the US so, Im not going to delay or cancel my order.

I'd rather they offer a wrap that matches paint color. The black handles look awesome on the white exterior, but not a fan of that look on the Red exterior.

Funny how individual tastes differ. As soon as I read the thread title I told my wife I was scheduling my service appointment to update my red M3 the day it was offered! :D

I think the red Model Y with black trim is even more killerer.

RT

I might be in the minority here, but I love the red and blue with chrome. I wish the Y had a chrome option.

it depends on the color of the car and the rims.

If you have a white car, I think it doesn't add contrast, so chrome trim doesn't really add much.

If you have the darker colors, which basically means almost all of them - red, blue, gray, black. Then the chrome with the 19" or 20" silver rims matches well.

If I had black rims, I wouldn't want the chrome trim, it would stand out for no reason and would not match.

I guess it boils down to you going for a monochrome look, or something with contrast.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt