Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Financing: How can i achieve low monthly payments ? Other questions...

creekcrosser

Mar 22, 2018
USA
Looking to reserve a model 3 in the coming months as my first bought car in New Jersey. In my research on financing i'm seeing that most individuals that finance are alleging that they pay around $900-$1000 a month. The teslanomics calculator seems to support this finding, but quite puzzled.

Are monthly payments of $500-$600 achievable without putting a hefty down payment ?

Will the federal tax credit likely be available a year or so from now ?

Advice ? Recommendations ?

insaneoctane

Apr 6, 2016
Southern California
Excel is quite helpful. If Excel scares you, those online calculators work too. You are NOT going to get the first production configuration in the $500 to $600 range without a hefty down payment. If you haven't reserved yet, I would question your ability to qualify for the full Tax credit. On the other hand the "base" model at $35K even without a tax credit, with only $5K down could easily be under $600 (maybe even under $500 if you went 72 months at 1.99%)

Reactions: CTreast

PoitNarf

My dog's breath smells like dog food
Jun 7, 2016
NJ
I was able to get my monthly payment to $565 a month, but that was a result of me getting $6800 for my trade-in and putting down $8000 which does not include the $1000 reservation and $2500 order deposits. In total between all the payments plus the trade-in I have about $18K towards the car already, so I’m only financing $38K. So yeah, if you wait for a cheaper version of the Model 3 and don’t want to put down a lot of cash then you should be able to get monthly payments where you want.

This is a pretty good calculator for monthly payments specific to the Model 3: Tesla Model 3 Better cost estimate

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC