TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Fit and Finish

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Bchatt, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Bchatt

Bchatt New Member

Just took delivery of my model 3 last Friday. The fit and finish is terrible. I didn't pay $60000 for a Hugo!! And when I voiced my concern at delivery, the sales staff indicated they didn't see anything wrong. They took it to the service shop and return saying just drive it for 30 days and all the problems should just go away.Really? Real morons!! I took the car to Kinisel in Rocklin CA. who happens to be the Tesla body repair shop for this area and there were dozens of Tesla's there with fit and finish issues. When they looked at my car they said the drooping door issue needed immediate attention and did a temporary fix stating it would be at least 4 weeks before they could correct or try to correct all the other issues since there were so many vehicles needing similar fixes. Not sure how they will fix a poor ripply paint job.

• Informative x 2
  2. McFlurri

McFlurri Member

Why did you accept delivery then if you were so upset about the quality...?

• Like x 4
  3. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

What’s a Hugo?

• Like x 3
  4. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Why did you take it?

• Helpful x 1
  5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Your post is not credible.

I do not believe that Tesla personnel told you that “dozens...of fit and finish issues” and “ripply paint” would “just go away” after 30 days of ownership. That is magical thinking.

And if the issues bothered you so much you had the option of rejecting delivery and asking for another car. You didn’t. Instead, you paid for the car and then took it to a body shop to have the issues fixed? Did Tesla tell you to do that and say the company would pay for the repairs? Your post doesn’t say. Were you going to pay for the repairs yourself?

• Disagree x 2
  6. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

• Funny x 3
  7. marusan

marusan Member

Pretty sure he meant "Yugo"

8. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

@Bchatt
    With so much FUD, our forum members are not very trusting to post #1 folks with problems. It's a bit sad, but understandable. While OP might be legit, they may not. If the OP is serious about engaging in discussion on this topic, many participants here are now going to need proof that you are not one of the many fake-news FUDsters that, unfortunately, frequent this forum.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  9. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Pictures?

• Like x 1
  10. chronopc

chronopc Active Member

Never heard of it but pretty impressive production period.

Production: 2 July 1977 – 11 November 2008

11. seattlite2004

seattlite2004 Member

Maybe he meant "The Assan Motor Company".

12. goodlucktj

goodlucktj Member

Agreed, roast this post.

I got my M3P last week and voiced concerns about two very minor panel gap issues. They assigned the problems to their mobile repair squad (I live in Iowa) and they scheduled to come to me and fix them immediately.

So yeah - I don't believe anything about the OP's experience.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  13. PJFW8

PJFW8 Red Menace may hurt me

Tough luck. I took my 3 (May 26 delivery) to the Porsche dealer so they could check it out. They were impressed with the fit and finish. They were very positive about the car generally. The shop that did my ceramic coating and Xpel bumper wrap was also impressed with the paint and fit. Almost 3 months in and I have yet to find a problem that required correction.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. Darscot

Darscot Member

[​IMG]

• Funny x 2
  15. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

• Funny x 1
  16. Abstrakt1

Abstrakt1 Member

Saw this same post in two other tesla related forums. I don't know if it is a real problem but it seems like they are just trying to trash tesla in as many places as possible.

• Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  17. Sg911

Sg911 Member

My imaginary Tesla is awesome. The grinch said delivery by Xmas! Haha just kidding I’ve seen a hundred’s of model 3’s of last few weeks at Tesla SC when I go spy , and they may not be perfect but they are getting better...

• Informative x 1
  18. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

Pics meow

• Like x 1
  19. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

mod note: 6 posts moved to snippiness. Some for ad hominem attacks, some for language, and some for quoting one of the previous issues.

Being skeptical of claims in a first post is fine, but remember that some people only show up when they have a complaint. There are acceptable ways to note your skepticism (e.g. requesting photos, discussing your personal experiences) and unacceptable ways (e.g. attacking the member instead of the claim).

• Like x 3
  20. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

There is a good chance that this poster will be a one hit wonder and will never be heard from again. What you will see though is someone in the comments of an SA FUD article commenting on how the have been reading about constant problems with shoddy cars and how Tesla is not fixing them.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1