Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 fog lights different on early vs new builds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed some model 3s have different looking fog lights. I don't know if maybe older builds vs new is the difference? Or are they the same? Here's a picture of mine.

Attachments

• IMG_20190923_020947.jpg
    IMG_20190923_020947.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 926
Huh? My 3 was a June 12 order date and looks just like yours. Maybe some aftermarket parts you're seeing. A lot of us like to put our personal touches on ASAP.
And from what I can tell, nice 3! I do love the way the fog lights give out such a wide spread. Makes it super easy to find the lines in the morning fog.

JiC anyone is confused... Tesla recently dropped the fog lights from the partial premium models (SR/SR+). i don't think anyone in this thread is experiencing this, but i wanted to post in the event someone who recently purchased their M3 thinks there's something wrong.

So I am confused, I am a new M3 SR+ owner and I expected not to have the fog lights installed, but I also do not have the horizontal running lights in the lower bumper? They are physically installed, but they do not turn on - is this by design, or should I contact Tesla?

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
Did you find the answer to this?

I did - unfortunately Tesla was pretty rude about it :/

They explained that it is "technically part of the fog light package" (even though it is clearly not and I could prove it is part of the parking light cluster" and they told me I was not allowed to add items from the premium interior onto my SR+. I even offered to pay for the install + labor, but no cigar. Pretty dumb and petty when you consider how much these cars cost. Even older SR+ models (with LED fog lights in the window sticker) are software disabled.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t
I did - unfortunately Tesla was pretty rude about it :/

They explained that it is "technically part of the fog light package" (even though it is clearly not and I could prove it is part of the parking light cluster" and they told me I was not allowed to add items from the premium interior onto my SR+. I even offered to pay for the install + labor, but no cigar. Pretty dumb and petty when you consider how much these cars cost. Even older SR+ models (with LED fog lights in the window sticker) are software disabled.

Not to side with Tesla but although that light is for parking and control by that but the whole housing is considered fog light package. I see how Tesla work is they do not want to change anything that’s not part of the original package. By manually install it for you meaning they have to manually config the software for it then what happen when you update the software and want warranty for it, I believe it would be a mess for them.