TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 for Sale- 52k

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by kgerrard, Aug 10, 2018.

1. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

Hi Guys, got my 3 but decided I like the S way better and am going back to
    that. So my 3 is for sale.

VIN in 46xxx range.
    450miles. (Its 10 days old)
    Pearl White
    Sport Wheels
    EAP activated
    RWD.
    Sticker price was 58k. I looked into transferring the tax credit but it can’t be done so I’m going to sell if for 52k. Let me know if you are interested.

One picture attached. I’m out of town I’ll post more Monday morning when I get home.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  2. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

82A7BCAD-34D9-4473-8EB7-4E981FBDEEE4.jpeg E78DA0C7-6F1D-4C21-AE0D-0FB968047140.jpeg 78D6C21A-CE8C-4773-BFA5-C650DF390675.jpeg 189EB754-5133-4A10-AC6A-C85020AC9684.jpeg 8ED9287B-8C80-4E91-AFF0-57855C911B7A.jpeg

• Like x 1
  3. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

There are some pics!

4. gundamz44

gundamz44 Why Not?

Are you willing to budge on the price?

5. kgerrard

kgerrard Member

Perhaps. Send me a message and we can chat! :)

6. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

#6 Plan B, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    oh come on lowball posts are the best!

• Funny x 2
  7. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

Not that the OP would ever do it but i always wonder the logistics of selling a used 3. Your phone is used as the key, so when you sell a 3, you give the card but the OP obviously keeps their phone and tesla account. What's to stop them from later finding the car and taking it back?

Yes you transfer the car into your tesla account but we all know tesla takes their time doing that (weeks i've heard). Just curious how to protect against something like that.

This is actually a good deal for anyone who lives in a state that doesn't charge sales tax on a used car and makes too little to get the full $7500 tax credit.

8. rocketshipp85

rocketshipp85 Member

The new owner should just turn off mobile access, that’s what I’ve done for the 2 tesla’s I have bought from private parties. I’m not sure if the phone will still work as a key if mobile access is turned off but they at least won’t know where the car is located.

• Like x 1
  9. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

If I keep a copy of the standard metal key to any other vehicle I’ve sold in the past and find the car and take it with that key I would be ‘stealing’ it and not ‘taking it back’.

• Like x 2
  10. Fobble

Fobble Member

I am sure once the car shows up in the new owner's account, Tesla app log in info will reflect that requirement to be able to communicate to the M3, and previous owner's phone no longer works with the car.

11. aaron0k

aaron0k Member

You are correct. I sold my 3 (and also went back to an S).

12. JPUConn

JPUConn Active Member

From someone who is selling my S to get a 3. Why did you go back?

I’ll miss the air suspension, pano roof, and trunk size. But feel that the newness and extended range will be worth it.

13. ngng

ngng Member

car insurance

14. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Please Insert a Model 3 into Avatar

That front is a bug killer!

15. mad_max

mad_max New Member

Sorry this is my first post (I'm more active on the model3ownerclub) I stumbled upon this thread through a google search. I'm very interested, willing to talk.

16. aaron0k

aaron0k Member

#16 aaron0k, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    If you're coming from an S... I don't think you'll miss the air suspension too much; it's different but not in a bad way... the 3 drives great and the sporty suspension helps with that feeling, the glass roof on the 3 is also good. The 3 gives you a better sense of the road and your surroundings.

You'll miss the power lift gate, overall space (trunk/cabin/frunk), the driver display, steering wheel controls... but you'll get over it.

You'll be frequently annoyed with the rear view camera quality (especially if you like to drive with it on), the on-screen controls/orientation, the door handles and the phone key.

That said, if you like to drive... and you're actually just driving the 3, and not concerned with any bells... your ear to ear grin will be much wider in your 3 vs. your S.

• Like x 1
  17. mad_max

mad_max New Member

Is the car still available? Haven't received a response yet.