Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My browser is being weird. Wont let me attach pictures.

Anyway, Looking to sell my 3 for some money. I think $62,000 is a fair asking price?

18" aero wheel
Pearl White
Long Range
Premium Package
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self Driving Not active.

Pretty solid offer considering the fact the OP will take the fed tax incentive.

GLWS OP

I don't like paying more than what another person paid for something but based on data points we have, an offer of $48,500 is about $10-12k too low. Current sellers of M3s can make money. Why would be seller break even if he's looking to profit? IMO, the fact that his state doesn't have a sales tax (if accurate) is his gain, not the buyer's.

I don't like paying more than what another person paid for something but based on data points we have, an offer of $48,500 is about $10-12k too low. Current sellers of M3s can make money. Why would be seller break even if he's looking to profit? IMO, the fact that his state doesn't have a sales tax (if accurate) is his gain, not the buyer's.

Sure, he might be able to make a few dollars. And my offer doesn't prevent him from doing that. Every day I see more Model 3's for sales. The amount of people willing to overpay to have it now is in limited supply.

I'm simply offering him an out to recoup costs.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
I don’t know why my computer is not letting me post picture this is from my cell phone

7F8E082B-B315-4841-AE26-41A1C53973D5.jpeg

Yes, in regards to other internet listings, bidding and purchasing can be 2 separate processes. Many times people don't follow through for various excuses. Especially on high ticket items. Also scam beware! Quite often, a seller will also scam by getting a friend(s) to make a first or even subsequent bids to bump price. Then the seller will relist if they didn't sucker anyone in far enough, and say something like "the deal fell through." It is hard to gauge how much the cars are truly selling for.

Last edited:
Every car has a market price, and it is not determined by what you paid for it.

Seller says he likes the car, but if can sell it for a profit would do so...whats the problem?

I bought some gold at $1,150 oz, and just sold it for over $1,300 oz. Nobody is complaining.

These Model 3's are well reviewed and in high demand. Since supply is limited the price can be higher.

Yes, in regards to other internet listings, bidding and purchasing can be 2 separate processes. Many times people don't follow through for various excuses. Especially on high ticket items. Also scam beware! Quite often, a seller will also scam by getting a friend(s) to make a first or even subsequent bids to bump price. Then the seller will relist if they didn't sucker anyone in far enough, and say something like "the deal fell through." It is hard to gauge how much the cars are truly selling for.

I'm only referring to sold listings. I guess it's possible but if an auction goes through the seller has to pay $150 on the M3. That doesn't seem worth it to me but maybe it does to others.

Every car has a market price, and it is not determined by what you paid for it.

Seller says he likes the car, but if can sell it for a profit would do so...whats the problem?

I bought some gold at $1,150 oz, and just sold it for over $1,300 oz. Nobody is complaining.

These Model 3's are well reviewed and in high demand. Since supply is limited the price can be higher.

Exactly.... I don't get why people complain about how much he paid for it.... it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it !!
Such a stupid comment to say not gonna pay more than what OP paid !!!
I suppose if that same person was given a Lambo as a gift, by their own logic they would then let someone "buy it" for 0 ????