Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 front brake slider pin part #?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m having a hard time finding part number or availability of a replacement set of front brembo slider pins and metal retainer plate in Ontario Canada for a 2018 model 3 LR.

I slightly bent a pin during removal for a brake cleaning this spring (seized in there after 80K and winters) , and next fall just want to tap out all four pins and lube and replace metal retainer plate (as pads will last easily 150-200K).

Suspect there is a kit I can buy - but can’t find anything?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure they sell them separately. Have you looked in the parts catalog: https://epc.tesla.com/

Maybe they do, are they part of the spring kit:

1618597766186.png

1618597790862.png

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: KenC and jjrandorin
The spring kit does not include the caliper pins. Only the spring/brake hardware. I've ordered these directly from the service center without issue. I just sent them an email and told them I wanted both front and rear brake hardware (minus pads) and had them in 2 days. Pro tip, if you are looking for brake pads for the model 3 performance check out the NRS brake pads. They finally sell them for the M3P and the rear pads include the retaining clips (spider clips) to hold the outer pad in place to prevent chatter. No other after market pads that I know of have this on the backing plate. And Tesla does not sell rear replacement pads at all. You need to buy a complete rear set of calipers which include pads. LOL.

The NRS pads are awesome as they have galvanized backing plates that don't rust and also don't use glue for the friction material to adhere to the backing plate. They have a patented "shark tooth" process which bonds the material to the backing plate. They also include a high quality shim to eliminate any noise.

You can order them from EV Tuning or direct from NRS.

Hmmmm
I’m in need of the specific pins for sure, so if this part number doesn’t have them including - anyone got some better ideas for slider pins part number/availability ?
Are you sure you can't just clean them with a caliper brush or drill bit/steel brush and then coat them with quality grease? That's all I had to do. I used Silaramic for the pins and Liqui Moly Brake Disc Quiet for the backing plate and ears of the pads:

Or are they stripped or something?

I have a 2019 Model 3 SR+ and bought the front pin package at Tesla last month when I changed winter tires.

It came with two pins and the pad retainer bracket for $25 Canadian. I replaced one of my pins. Sorry I recycled the order form with the part number.

Since I was there I also bought a set of rear clips as well.

Pins.gif

Thanks - I did contact Tesla service and they said the $25 spring kit part number DOES include 2 new pins - and they have ordered me a set in.
As you have also confirmed - thanks.

Will have to co ordinate shipping somehow - as they are 2 hrs away and don’t ship out in their own.

Thanks - I did contact Tesla service and they said the $25 spring kit part number DOES include 2 new pins - and they have ordered me a set in.
As you have also confirmed - thanks.

Will have to co ordinate shipping somehow - as they are 2 hrs away and don’t ship out in their own.
My closest service center handed a part I ordered off to a mobile tech that delivered them to me when he was in the area.

Reactions: Diesel123