Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 front Registration plate UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

looking to take the black bracket off the front of my Tesla and put the registration plate on with double side 3M tape.
will probably get a shorter plate made too.
Does anyone know if there is a smaller plinth available to buy anywhere?

thanks

I went for a short vinyl one on the front.
619FC50B-1030-4ED6-8570-B7CB9D07A827.jpeg
3FC68E83-FFF6-4284-902C-B59A1FBCF13C.jpeg

Reactions: Yev000
I too went for the shorter plate. I removed the long plinth and stuck the plate straight onto the bumper (clean it thoroughly). In fact, I’ve used 3M heavy duty Velcro so that I can reuse my old long plates with the GB logo for travelling on the continent (wouldn’t want to use the single use GB stickers)
I'd personally got for a plate with GB on it so I don't need that sticker in France. The new "green" plates dont have it.

Haha, I had this with my stuck on plate. Because of the curvature of the car’s bum, the plate looks crooked from almost every angle!
Yeah, had a nightmare on my last car... Went with stick on physical plate after trying the label due to the dips.

With my new car, dont know what I'm going to do. Front stick on - but need to fill the holes somehow. Back hard plate stick on I think - as that covers the mounting dip.

Reactions: pow216
I too went for the shorter plate. I removed the long plinth and stuck the plate straight onto the bumper (clean it thoroughly). In fact, I’ve used 3M heavy duty Velcro so that I can reuse my old long plates with the GB logo for travelling on the continent (wouldn’t want to use the single use GB stickers)
Hi,

I would like to go with a shorter plate, Ona shorter plinth, rather than a sticker. Do you know if that is possible on a model 3, and where I might get them?

The black mounting plate at the front is shorter than the plate any way, and is about the same size as a narrow plate. Just use 3M abd mount it to that. I did it with a full sized plate and it's fine.

Before you start buying stuff, go out and take the Tesla plate holder off (2 crosshead screws) and you'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_20210628_155601.jpg
    IMG_20210628_155601.jpg
    322.7 KB · Views: 750
The black mounting plate at the front is shorter than the plate any way, and is about the same size as a narrow plate. Just use 3M abd mount it to that. I did it with a full sized plate and it's fine.

Before you start buying stuff, go out and take the Tesla plate holder off (2 crosshead screws) and you'll see.
He wants a short plate though. It’s fine for a normal sized plate on the front (the rear isn’t) but not for the chopped short plates.