Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 front Registration plate UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could anyone tell me the exact distance between the holes in the front bumper created by the standard registration plate holder. I am considering vinyl short plates and want to ensure that the holes will be covered. Thanks.

Could anyone tell me the exact distance between the holes in the front bumper created by the standard registration plate holder. I am considering vinyl short plates and want to ensure that the holes will be covered. Thanks.
I presume by short plate you're thinking a fair bit shorted than standard. From the pictures on here and from memory I don't think they're a lot closer than a full size plate as they're screwed in the corners of the holder so you're probably out of luck without filling.

I presume by short plate you're thinking a fair bit shorted than standard. From the pictures on here and from memory I don't think they're a lot closer than a full size plate as they're screwed in the corners of the holder so you're probably out of luck without filling.

I am surprised by the number of holes there! I was expecting just two closer to the centre.

I am surprised by the number of holes there! I was expecting just two closer to the centre.
Like this….
3F13912B-9E22-4B43-8B6C-E03CBCB9AC91.jpeg

I can't figure out how to stick a rigid plastic plate on the front.
Its just too curvy vertically for any of the sticky pads I have, The plate touches along the top and bottom edges only. Particularly if I don't place it any higher than the original bracket (to avoid blocking the radar).
So I tried sticking it to the original plastic plinth (without the surround part) but the plastic is textured and the 3M stickies don't stick very well. I wouldn't trust it.
I can't figure out how anyone else has done it. Is there a source of really thick stickies somewhere? or should I be looking around for a slimmer version of the plastic plinth with a good surface to stick to?