Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Frunk re-designed... Heat pump, new headlights and Power Trunk/Boot incoming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a heat pump makes sense, they have done it for the Model Y, they want to try and standardise between the two models as much as possible, and adding a heat pump will improve its range in the cold. No brainer. The lights and powered boot seem a bit less unlikely, not sure why the lights would change, the powered boot would surely add additional cost, I assume the Y boot is heavier because its a hatchback to, and they probably wouldn't be able to share the same parts for that because of the difference there

Reactions: ringi
I think a heat pump makes sense, they have done it for the Model Y, they want to try and standardise between the two models as much as possible, and adding a heat pump will improve its range in the cold. No brainer. The lights and powered boot seem a bit less unlikely, not sure why the lights would change, the powered boot would surely add additional cost, I assume the Y boot is heavier because its a hatchback to, and they probably wouldn't be able to share the same parts for that because of the difference there
Shame about the lights, they could do with improvements. Although we'll never get his quality dot matrix ones as I belie they just don't do them in the US

I agree, I've never had a foot sensor that was anywhere near accurate! Still I found it useful. TBH I actually tended to use the key fob/close button. Only a minor thing but if the car had grime and dirt on it, stopped you getting any of that on your hands. Also I find it quite handy to open and close the boot whilst sat in the car. I used this a few times, once in canary wharf when they were doing a bomb check. I enjoyed not having to get out in the rain, but the security guard looked at me as if I was an idiot!

I had it on a previous Mercedes estate and found it a mixed blessing. It was handy when your hands were full but I don't miss the tailgate coming down and hitting the back of my head while unloading the shopping as the cocker spaniel's tail sets it off as she runs around my feet.
Woof, bing, crash, curse...