Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon tweeted that you will get a refund for the difference if you paid for the $3K USD/$4K CAD FSD upgrade before he change the price again.
That would be great if they're going to do that behind the scenes without us having to nag them for it.

On a side note, doesn't this mean the original owners who bought both EAP and FSD would be at a loss, especially considering it was originally $3k USD?

Damn, I got the car on Dec 10th... Seriously, onwers like me should get FSD for free. Anyways, I think I'll hold off as I'm actually getting no new functions for now forfor. The group that are getting screwed the most are the owners who have gotten FSD in the first place.

Hopefully, Elon changes this again and let us have FSD for free... :)
Respectfully: you ended up getting the 14K rebate from Ontario as a result of all of Tesla's court actions, so you're coming out much better than someone who ordered their car and received it after Jan 2nd.

What is it about your situation that should get you FSD for free? Your sig says you bought EAP, so you can now get FSD for 2k USD (~2700 CAD), so that's still better than the 4k you would have paid in December, or the elevated price (6600 I believe) after delivery....

Prices change, especially in Tesla world. You still have a kickass car, and got a hefty rebate back from the govt' which no one ordering today will get....so again, by my math you are well ahead in the game :rolleyes:

Respectfully: you ended up getting the 14K rebate from Ontario as a result of all of Tesla's court actions, so you're coming out much better than someone who ordered their car and received it after Jan 2nd.

What is it about your situation that should get you FSD for free? Your sig says you bought EAP, so you can now get FSD for 2k USD (~2700 CAD), so that's still better than the 4k you would have paid in December, or the elevated price (6600 I believe) after delivery....

Prices change, especially in Tesla world. You still have a kickass car, and got a hefty rebate back from the govt' which no one ordering today will get....so again, by my math you are well ahead in the game :rolleyes:
I know but wouldn't it be nice if all of us who bought EAP to get FSD? If I didn't buy EAP back in Dec, I can do so now for only $5k which doesn't seem fair for people like myself who bought just EAP at the same price. The $2k I save will eventually goes back into getting a model Y anyways. LOL

I know but wouldn't it be nice if all of us who bought EAP to get FSD? If I didn't buy EAP back in Dec, I can do so now for only $5k which doesn't seem fair for people like myself who bought just EAP at the same price. The $2k I save will eventually goes back into getting a model Y anyways. LOL
I like how our Canadian forum is very polite, and respectful. I know the price drop, stock price drop, FSD/EAP/AP change, are all emotionally unsettling. However just wanted to let everyone know your civility is much appreciated.

It would be great if all Canadian EAP can be upgraded to FSD for free, not just the 2019 purchases. Considering we don't have a Federal tax credit drop off on January 1 because we don't have one to begin with. Basically all Canadian purchases before last week paid the same amount for the car and EAP, unlike the Americans.
Great point. Unlikely to happen - we are a big enough market for them to notice us.