Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 fuse box location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does anyone know where is the fuse box location on model 3? Looking to install an always on dash cam (thinkware) and it requires ACC connection for parking mode. Can’t connect directly to the battery since parking mode will only be triggered when ACC is off.

Any brave soul had taken the car apart yet?

I am not sure this is correct but I think I have read that Model 3 does not have fuses. That sounds wrong but I read several years ago that auto suppliers were working on intelligent power distribution to reduce wiring in cars. Model 3 uses half the wire used in Model S and Model Y will use half that of Model 3 so maybe my statement has some merit. This is probably wrong but it is what I remember: All switches would be on a common communication bus and would not carry power to drive a motor or other device. Each switch would have a chip that would communicate with a central processor. Electric loads such as window motors would receive power as commanded by the processor and that processor would manage current flow eliminating the need for a fuse.

I hope someone can give you a more fact based answer.