Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 glass repair in San Jose California area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been a victim of the break the rear quarter panel and rear passenger window thieves. What's the best option for glass replacement? Do you have to go through Tesla (2 week wait) or are there 3rd parties that replace Tesla window glass? I live near San Jose, CA.

I've been a victim of the break the rear quarter panel and rear passenger window thieves. What's the best option for glass replacement? Do you have to go through Tesla (2 week wait) or are there 3rd parties that replace Tesla window glass? I live near San Jose, CA.

Hey! I'm getting my Windshield replaced in San Francisco for my Model 3 (just a rock, not a break in), and a word of caution, Tesla service on the phone scheduled me to get my windshield replaced at the van ness SF location. after time passed and my appointment was two days away, The Van Ness SF location called me and said they don't do Windshield replacements. I'm scheduled at Alioto's in SF and that process is even more lethargic. It's been 5 weeks and I still don't have a windshield.

So you might want to call the service center you've been scheduled with and make sure they'll actually replace the glass.

Unfortunately my M3 was broken into last night. It was in CVS parking lot on Moorpark and Lawrence Expy. I wasn't able to understand why someone broke into 2nd row quarter window. Goring through this thread, I realized it's same modus operandi. Luckily there was nothing in trunk, otherwise bigger window would have gone as well. Anyway, couple of hours back I called Tesla Service center, I got few Auto Glass repair shop. Called one of them, "Hi-Tech AutoGlass" in Redwood CIty and got quote of $480/. Seems like part is available and it would take 45min to fix. Only part is ~40min drive to that place. Other shops suggested by Tesla Service center is Primer Auto Glass, Dublin.

call unique auto glass in fremont california they have mobile service as well
https://www.yelp.com/biz/unique-auto-glass-fremont-4