Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Glass Roof Wrap

lostm3

Nov 14, 2018
San Diego
Have never really been a fan of glass roofs, heat was just to much for me, decided to give this a try, it's been a few months with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 479

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
I had the Tesla Sunscreens (front and back) and it cut down the sun and made the cabin a bit more cozy feeling.
I mainly installed them to cut down road noise reflection off the ceiling. I think it helped. Especially the front one.

Some folks went further and put a layer of thinsulate above the front sunscreen for both better heat reflection and more sound insulation.

I think that is a better approach (more perks). I personally like the all glass roof look.

But I like OP's thinking out of the box.

RB88

Mar 18, 2019
Seattle, WA
Horribly ugly haha. I bought the sunscreens for the roof because at least they give me the opportunity to remove them (and honestly, living in Seattle they are mainly removed) when it’s better weather. Seeing the sky (be it rain drops on the glass or the actual sky) through the beautiful roof is one of the amazing sells of the TM3 for me.

Common_Loon

Feb 4, 2019
AUSTIN
This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and BZM3

woodguyatl

Oct 3, 2018
GA
This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

I'm in the interior design industry. If I said something similar every time somebody posted a picture of something they did to their house I would come across as a jerk.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC