Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Glass Roof Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have never really been a fan of glass roofs, heat was just to much for me, decided to give this a try, it's been a few months with no issues.

Attachments

• IMG_4675.JPG
    IMG_4675.JPG
    362.9 KB · Views: 2,756
I had the Tesla Sunscreens (front and back) and it cut down the sun and made the cabin a bit more cozy feeling.
I mainly installed them to cut down road noise reflection off the ceiling. I think it helped. Especially the front one.

Some folks went further and put a layer of thinsulate above the front sunscreen for both better heat reflection and more sound insulation.

I think that is a better approach (more perks). I personally like the all glass roof look.

But I like OP's thinking out of the box.

This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

• Funny
Reactions: Mr X and BZM3
This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

I'm in the interior design industry. If I said something similar every time somebody posted a picture of something they did to their house I would come across as a jerk.