Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Glass Roof Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not for me. Usually a car has transitions from paint areas to unpainted areas wether it's a body line trim or a rubber seal having that section of roof wrapped just looks unfinished to me it ends too abruptly and the almost right angle corners where the rear window and windshield meet the wrapped bit just look wrong

Not for me. Usually a car has transitions from paint areas to unpainted areas wether it's a body line trim or a rubber seal having that section of roof wrapped just looks unfinished to me it ends too abruptly and the almost right angle corners where the rear window and windshield meet the wrapped bit just look wrong

I like the idea in general. I agree though. I think a curve at the edges, or something similar, might help blend the wrap into the painted areas.

This looks terrible in any objective judgement.

Would you please help everyone by deciding for us the correct color, wheel configuration, interior color, and console wrap for our cars, so from here on, none of us will ever be at risk of "doing it wrong".

I think it looks good because unique is good. And if we all pick the same kind of uniqueness, nothing is unique.

And it does seem practical if you prefer it that way. I'm also surprised that a wrap matches so well with pearl paint.

Reactions: JasontheBeaver
This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

Please post a picture of your car and show us all how it's done.

It's fine to express your opinion but don't state it like it's a fact.

• Funny
Reactions: JasontheBeaver
Kudos to you for being a trailblazer. Elon would be proud. This particular mod is not for me personally, but I like and respect the creative solution to your problem, and I don't think it looks bad at all. And if you ever change your mind, you can just peel it off. Very cool.

Reactions: DopeGhoti
I am in Australia, it was 44 (Celsius) and very sunny this week, i _hate_ the glass roof. I have sunshade and some dark tiny lying on that but the sun is STILL hot.

I like your idea and I think it looks good; I've called a few local wrap places, they say NO to wrap on glass.

How is your wrap holding up OP?

This looks terrible in any objective judgement. If you're concerned about heat transmission put a good dark ceramic tint up there. This just looks like sad car wearing a sad hat. I live in Texas and I have zero problems with the heat because of my tint. You don't have to do this to yourself.

the heat enters the cabin via convection, not radiation. the only way to make a slight difference is to put a reflective film (or i.e. a silver sunshine) below the glass.

I know this is a year old, but man I do not understand some of the comments in this thread.

I love the glass roof. I love how it looks on the outside and I love looking at the sky when I’m driving.

But the OP doesn’t, and he came up with a novel solution that looks perfectly fine. It literally looks like a car with a metal roof, which is (GASP) what the majority of cars have! Oh noooz!

I don't get the glass roof.. The best view is from the rear seat or if you are camping inside with the back seat down. Which you do, like never. So you settle for ancillary benefits. Sort of like getting a "partial ocean view" hotel room but paying for "ocean-front". Why?

But anyway, I think it looks okay, more like a regular car.. it's a stealth Tesla.
The alternative is to put a blackout film from the inside. That maintains the exterior look but blocks all that sun from getting inside the cabin.

I know this is a year old, but man I do not understand some of the comments in this thread.

I love the glass roof. I love how it looks on the outside and I love looking at the sky when I’m driving.

But the OP doesn’t, and he came up with a novel solution that looks perfectly fine. It literally looks like a car with a metal roof, which is (GASP) what the majority of cars have! Oh noooz!
Life has gotten so good that people have to actively hunt for things to concern themselves with, or be offended by.