Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 goes into park at every stop since the last update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2018 Model 3 LR dual motor upgraded to HW3, Ver. 2022.44.30.10
Ever since the last update the car goes into park at every complete stop, with the message 'automatically parked to prevent roll away'. Hold is selected in UI. The only way I have found to prevent it is to apply the brakes while stopped. Driving me nuts.
Any ideas? Thanks!

I’m curious how you were able to get a HW3? Was thing with a MCU3 as well?
All it required is either a purchase of FSD (which came with HW3 upgrade) or a separate purchase of HW3, or some people getting tesla to do it gratis for some reason (never quite understood this last one):

For the OP, this sounds like a sensor issue, not a software update issue.
Any ideas? Thanks!

Put in a service request. Thats not normal, and yes I realize your 2018 is likely outside of warranty.

Reactions: Tron 3
All it required is either a purchase of FSD (which came with HW3 upgrade) or a separate purchase of HW3, or some people getting tesla to do it gratis for some reason (never quite understood this last one):

For the OP, this sounds like a sensor issue, not a software update issue.

Put in a service request. Thats not normal, and yes I realize your 2018 is likely outside of warranty.
I'm guessing you're right about a sensor, since I went looking for similar posts and didn't find any. Curious it would coincide with the update... just lucky I guess.
Thanks for your help!