Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 got hit on the side today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update.

So far so good. I got an email today, saying 10 out of 11 parts were shipped a few days ago and were due to be delivered today. But the most important part, the outer quarter sheet metal, was shipped today and isn't due to be delivered until the 9th. Of course. It wouldn't be a less important part.

I posted a part 3 update on the YT channel just now. And there's an amusing anecdote I realized today about the '19 Toyota Camry rental car I have. And I don't like it. It takes too much effort to drive a gasoline car.

Another Update. I got the check from State Farm in the mail today, they said I had to tell them if I wanted them to pay the shop directly. So the check was for $9,467.16 . And I'll be paying the cost of a second new rear tire. This will work out well. The tires on the front should be nearing halfway worn, and I'll have new rears, so with no more tire rotating they will wear out at about the same time.

One more thing I noticed before taking the car in for the work, the charge port door was only operating correctly sometimes. It was working erratically, so they changed that too. I don't know how much it costs, but we are now $1600 over the original $7800 estimate.

I called the repair shop and told them I had the check, and I took it to them today. While making a lap around the building, I saw my 3 in the parking lot, all put back together and painted. They said they have to do the calibrations, update all the firmware, and detail the car, then I'll be set to go. So Tuesday or Wednesday of next week I should be able to get it back.

A distinct lack of responses lately. I expected more.

Anyway, the repair shop work is complete, I picked it up 2 days ago. I felt like Mascari's did a very good job on the car. They supplied many photos, kept me informed all along the way, and gave me attention when I had questions. So I think it went as well as it could for a total $10,459 repair job. Now I need a diminished value check from State Farm, working on that now. Here's a short video with in-process photos.

Anyway, the repair shop work is complete, I picked it up 2 days ago. I felt like Mascari's did a very good job on the car. They supplied many photos, kept me informed all along the way, and gave me attention when I had questions. So I think it went as well as it could for a total $10,459 repair job. Now I need a diminished value check from State Farm, working on that now. Here's a short video with in-process photos.

That’s more than you were paid,..so did you pay the extra $1000 out of pocket?

No, the repair shop updated their estimate and sent it to State Farm for payment. Only thing I paid for was a second rear tire to have new ones on the rear. That, combined with the little more than half tread fronts, and I won't have to rotate tires anymore, they will wear out about the same time.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Reborn and EVNation
No, the repair shop updated their estimate and sent it to State Farm for payment. Only thing I paid for was a second rear tire to have new ones on the rear. That, combined with the little more than half tread fronts, and I won't have to rotate tires anymore, they will wear out about the same time.

I’m still confused on why you’re paying for anything if it’s due to an accident that’s not your fault. Why are they not covering the tires as well?

Because only one tire got damaged, and I wanted both rears replaced as a pair. But the insurance only wanted to pay for the damaged tire.
Ok that makes sense. I’m just skeptical of insurance companies, I’ve had my battles with them esp when my Tesla was totaled and they tried to pay me for the basic model without my fsd and tire options . I fought them and got my money but it was a tough fight. I had to threaten to report them to the state and all of a sudden a supervisor was ready to settle my claim.

Well, now let’s hope this doesn’t happen again! (Too soon)