Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Gripes 2 Months later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Addressing number 7 wireless phone charging.

Wireless charging??? Whatever for?
And why doesn't iPhone give people enough battery to make it through the day? Cost? Sort of like Tesla. Big battery costs more, and iPhone doesn't want to spend that much. My criterion for a phone was that it would last at least two days. Isn't an iPhone . Never even think about wireless charging.

I had a friend telling me about a road someone thought would be a good idea to turn into a miles-long charger so that EV drivers (only those who had the reciever/inverter) could charge while driving. NUTSO! Why not make the battery big enough in the first place? Why have literally miles of radio charging embedded in roads so that a few electric vehicles which have un-useful battery range can charge while driving? Same with phones, my friends. The reason you folk need chargers is because your battery is undersized. (Mine is 3600 mAh, by the way, and my phone is no larger than yours, I'd wonder.)

Wireless charging??? Whatever for?
And why doesn't iPhone give people enough battery to make it through the day? Cost? Sort of like Tesla. Big battery costs more, and iPhone doesn't want to spend that much. My criterion for a phone was that it would last at least two days. Isn't an iPhone . Never even think about wireless charging.

I had a friend telling me about a road someone thought would be a good idea to turn into a miles-long charger so that EV drivers (only those who had the reciever/inverter) could charge while driving. NUTSO! Why not make the battery big enough in the first place? Why have literally miles of radio charging embedded in roads so that a few electric vehicles which have un-useful battery range can charge while driving? Same with phones, my friends. The reason you folk need chargers is because your battery is undersized. (Mine is 3600 mAh, by the way, and my phone is no larger than yours, I'd wonder.)

I think the charging road is a bit far fetched.
The batteries in our iphone 8's seems to finally be fairly decent.
Wireless charging is also very convenient, have you tried it? We have several wireless devices at home and the two in the Model 3 and really like the convenience plus the lightning connector failed on my iphone 6 and I think this was due to stress on connector attaching it to a radio charger thing.

Reactions: streetskooler
Can anyone verify/dispute this? (That, when the phone key is present and working, you can release the charge connector from the charge port by simply pressing the button on the connector without having to first unlock the doors by pressing on a door handle or trunk button.)

Right now when the car goes to sleep, the charge port electronics are completely powered down and it doesn't respond to wake signals like pushing the button on the charge cable. Tesla engineering says charge port sleeping will be implemented in a future software update. You don't have to unlock the doors, but as a workaround you have to wake up the car through some other means, like by opening a door or refreshing it using the phone app.