Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 ground clearance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am thinking of ordering a standard plus model 3 and one of my concerns is that my car now scrapes its front bumpers on speed humps. Specially those odd speed humps that was not made well. Has anyone had issues with their model 3 scraping the bottom of their cars on speed humps?

Reactions: Mr K O’Watt
I don't know the actual statistics but I have a feeling the Model 3 is already higher than majority of other sport sedans. I used to scrap occasionally in my previous cars but never in the 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: electrictorque
Six months in I have not scraped anything so far. I go over speed bumps nearly everyday in parking lots and neighborhoods. I have come across some speed bumps in neighborhoods I am unfamiliar with at speed without issues. (Waze needs a speed bump warning)

Hate to point out but speed bumps aren’t standard heights so only you can match your car to the the humps and bumps you go over.
In almost a year of driving I’ve never grounded my car on anything - but I’m careful.
YMMV

Just ordered an SR+ and worried about the scraping issue. I have a hybrid right now that has 5.5 inches of ground clearance also, and it scrapes in the front if I don’t come in an angle

Does anyone know how far off the ground the front lip is in the car? Thank you!!

Just ordered an SR+ and worried about the scraping issue. I have a hybrid right now that has 5.5 inches of ground clearance also, and it scrapes in the front if I don’t come in an angle

Does anyone know how far off the ground the front lip is in the car? Thank you!!
It's important to not only measure the height but the distance of the overhang from the front tires, to give you accurate approach angle figures. Not sure which hybrid you have, but in my family my performance model 3 is definitely lower than our camry hyrbrid but the overhang is also much shorter and suspension is firmer. I really don't scrape and I can be overly aggressive on bumps and humps. The SR is plenty tall.