Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Hack: View the rear view camera while driving (and still keep the navigation in view)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just stumbled on this “hack”. I was kinda excited about it at first, but it looks like it’s no longer very useful for the rear camera since now the background on the rear camera screen is dramatically dimmed, so much so that it’s nearly unreadable.

I wonder if Tesla changed this as part of the recent software update that added the option of showing the side cameras on the screen along with the rear camera.(?)

It still works with the energy screen, charging screen, and settings menu, but those aren’t really useful to have up on just part of the screen. And it does NOT appear to work with the browser, which can’t be dragged down.

(Model 3; 2020.28.6)

I just stumbled on this “hack”. I was kinda excited about it at first, but it looks like it’s no longer very useful for the rear camera since now the background on the rear camera screen is dramatically dimmed, so much so that it’s nearly unreadable.

I wonder if Tesla changed this as part of the recent software update that added the option of showing the side cameras on the screen along with the rear camera.(?)

It still works with the energy screen, charging screen, and settings menu, but those aren’t really useful to have up on just part of the screen. And it does NOT appear to work with the browser, which can’t be dragged down.

(Model 3; 2020.28.6)

Yes this was changed in a recent update, the one where they but the two side cameras up when you do the rear camera. I just wish the rear camera view while driving doesn't take up the whole screen. The whole bottom half is useless anyway since it's so close to the car.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I have renewed interest in this after V11 took away the trip efficiency card. I could use it to pin the trip efficiency to the bottom of the screen and still see the map. But Tesmat no longer sells the original clamp.

If anyone has one that they'd want to sell me, I'd be interested (at a reasonable price).

Otherwise, maybe I'll try to build one myself.