TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Handle/Door Protection?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by tanner, Mar 26, 2018.

1. tanner

tanner Active Member

Does anyone know where I can find something like this for the Model 3? Maybe something that just covers the part that sits flush agains the door: Invisible Door Handle Protection Covers (Set of 4)

Also something similar that covers the shiny metal that says "Model 3" right when you open the door? It's this part on the S (the 3 has them too, but can't find a pic)
    Carpet+rubber+Black.jpg

2. tanner

tanner Active Member

Edit: title meant to say
    Model 3 Handle/Door PROTECTION?

My apologies.... Can't figure out how to edit.

3. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Click REPORT on your OP in this thread and ask a moderator to correct the title for you.

4. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

• Like x 1
  5. gocken2

gocken2 Model S: P6931

RPM doesn't have the clear wrap around Model 3 handle protection yet. I hope they get it soon so I can order a set. It gets very hot in Phoenix and the clear wraps just cover the outside which will not help much. They do have full handle wraps in different colors just not clear.

6. tanner

tanner Active Member

Thank you SO MUCH! Literally just what I was looking for. You're a life saver!

7. RDaneel

RDaneel Member

They just showed clear handle wraps on their YouTube channel, so they must be coming soon...

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. T34ME

T34ME Active Member

They have them now: RPM Tesla
    And they are located in SoCal to boot! Unfortunately, you will find a bunch of other stuff there to spend your money on.

• Love x 1
  9. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

What are the handles made from, plastic or metal? If metal, will the handle itself really get scratched? Seems more likely to scratch the paint surrounding the handle?

10. tanner

tanner Active Member

Oh I definitely did, including something to protect that super shiny center console.

11. tanner

tanner Active Member

Likely metal with a chrome-like mirror finish... just like on the S/X. Both of the Model S’ I’ve owned have had small scratches on their handles. They’re also fingerprint magnets (I always insisted that people never grab the face of the handle, but the top and bottom only. LOL), so this should also help with that since you need to push, wrap your whole hand around and pull.

12. rabar10

rabar10 Model 3 >> Focus Electric

Title fixed :)

• Love x 2
  13. gocken2

gocken2 Model S: P6931

Those don't wrap around on the insides. It will still burn my fingers in the summer in AZ. Take a look at the second photo.