Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handle/Door Protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tanner

Nov 17, 2013
SoCal
Does anyone know where I can find something like this for the Model 3? Maybe something that just covers the part that sits flush agains the door: Invisible Door Handle Protection Covers (Set of 4)

Also something similar that covers the shiny metal that says "Model 3" right when you open the door? It's this part on the S (the 3 has them too, but can't find a pic)
Carpet+rubber+Black.jpg

RPM doesn't have the clear wrap around Model 3 handle protection yet. I hope they get it soon so I can order a set. It gets very hot in Phoenix and the clear wraps just cover the outside which will not help much. They do have full handle wraps in different colors just not clear.

RPM doesn't have the clear wrap around Model 3 handle protection yet. I hope they get it soon so I can order a set. It gets very hot in Phoenix and the clear wraps just cover the outside which will not help much. They do have full handle wraps in different colors just not clear.

They just showed clear handle wraps on their YouTube channel, so they must be coming soon...

They have them now: RPM Tesla
Thank you SO MUCH! Literally just what I was looking for.
And they are located in SoCal to boot! Unfortunately, you will find a bunch of other stuff there to spend your money on.

• Love
Reactions: tanner
What are the handles made from, plastic or metal? If metal, will the handle itself really get scratched? Seems more likely to scratch the paint surrounding the handle?
Likely metal with a chrome-like mirror finish... just like on the S/X. Both of the Model S’ I’ve owned have had small scratches on their handles. They’re also fingerprint magnets (I always insisted that people never grab the face of the handle, but the top and bottom only. LOL), so this should also help with that since you need to push, wrap your whole hand around and pull.