Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Handover Event -- July 28, 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time. These product events stick to the basics, just stuff we know or can easily predict. And every time TMC is surprised. Elon doesn't do "oh, one other thing".

As much as I love going to Tesla events, I'm glad I had to sit this one out. I'm sure the rest of the night will be a nice party, but still, that's a lot of people.

Reactions: austinEV and ohmman
Lol I knew this is all we were getting tonight.

I gotta say, he did not sound convincing about reservation holders getting their cars any time soon.

What does 20 production models for engineering validation mean? They really gave 30 people their cars without that stuff already being done? or is it just ongoing testing to troubleshoot issues that come up?

This means the full vehicle testing in Beta and RC phases was really light. They did a TON of component and lab testing. What this tells me is that now that the vehicle is fully designed and parts are representative, they can fully test the parts as an integrated unit. This really only puts interior in peril, but with how simple it is, I doubt its anything to worry about.

Closures, powertrain, BIW have all been proven in earlier stages of testing.

I gotta be really honest. I'm super disappointed. Like what the hell...we have been waiting some 16 months for this and it was one of the most underwhelming announcements I think I have ever seen. Especially for a car of such historic value.

I thought at the very least it would be like the Model S handoff. Him handing off keys to some owners, some more details on full autonomy, etc.

Presentation was relatively short on facts, but the 310 crushes the Bolt, despite being in a higher price range. We all sort of knew that Tesla wouldn't let the Bolt roll out as a longer range vehicle. 220 is something, but 310 is shocking to anyone viewing this with a level head.

I was simultaneously underwhelmed by the 220 mile short range battery... and extremely impressed with 310 miles for long range.

The acceleration and range figures were pretty much all I wanted to know from this evening's event, since interior photos have already been splashed all over Electrek.